ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Is this replay hacking?
When u are making a replay and get a dm and got to the exactframe where it happened (just as the joint turns red) and save the replay. Then in the saved replay the dm will not happen and u can continue on the next frame...
Is it replay hacking, book of records or event wise?

Also if it is how do you check it, es wise?
= SELLING MARKET INVENTORY =
Pm me for deals
I think it generally is considered replay hacking since you are editing the outcome of a replay through notepad.
|Evil|
I don't exist
Originally Posted by Blair View Post
I think it generally is considered replay hacking since you are editing the outcome of a replay through notepad.

He's saying you can just do it ingame without opening notepad.
Its a pretty common replay trick which basically works by editing the replay a single frame before the dm happens, restarting the replay and when it plays through again the dm won't be there.

To answer the question above, its not considered replay hacking but I'm pretty sure its not allowed for book of records. They will usually double check by editing the frame before your dms to check if its legitimate or not.
I would just message a bor mod though, they would probably know better than the general community.
\o\ | ORMO | OSHI | OLDA | [duck] | Team Canada | Maple Syrup United | Team Philippines | [UssR] | Anime United | /o/
In Book of Records we do not accept this in some records. Most commonly this occurs in the Highest fall/gravity records where people use this to avoid DMs. We check for this and if they do it we disqualify it

In Events it really depends. If you are doing the opener challenge and maybe want to kick off from the ground but your ankle breaks it most likely wouldn't disqualify you. Only if an event specified that you can't get DM'ed then it would be regarded as cheating

And in general, I guess it hardly matters. The replay community isn't some giant that commands people how to do replays. I personally use it sometimes, I guess some people may dislike it, but it comes down to personal preference.
h
This is considered a replay glitch, not a replay hack. By the way, you don't need to save the replay, you can just press R at that frame and the DM won't happen.
golf
it would be perfectly fine to do in an opener challenge because they allow hacking in those replays AND! you can easily produce the same effect by hacking anyways so there's not really a difference
cool. good to know. And it is bassicaly impossible to track down such glitch in a 1000 frames replay, like the gargon says event.

I was just asking because i use this to when in speed or replay events
Last edited by Insanity; Aug 16, 2017 at 04:34 PM.
= SELLING MARKET INVENTORY =
Pm me for deals
Originally Posted by Insanity View Post
cool. good to know. And it is bassicaly impossible to track down such glitch in a 1000 frames replay, like the gargon says event.

I was just asking because i use this to when in speed or replay events

People still have ways to check, and if the judge is experienced enough with replays they'll know where to look and at which points in the replay.

Generally judges don't care though
\o\ | ORMO | OSHI | OLDA | [duck] | Team Canada | Maple Syrup United | Team Philippines | [UssR] | Anime United | /o/