ES Recruitment Drive
Is it like, a robot worm? :o

"Dear reader, I hope this email finds you before I do."
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Nomad Moderated Message:
Be more straightforward with your uplifting messages or I'll fucking skin you alive.
Well, that's certainly an uncanny resemblance. Heavens help me i do NOT know why almost all of my doodles can be found to look like something that already exists. :v
Originally Posted by WeooWeoo View Post
Is it like, a robot worm? :o

yyyyyyyyyep

a big one, even
<Blam|Homework> oiubt veubg
various places to find me lol
Shook fakes his "creativity" confirmed!1!1!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Nomad Moderated Message:
Be more straightforward with your uplifting messages or I'll fucking skin you alive.
Weird combinations?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Nomad Moderated Message:
Originally Posted by Shook View Post
i never claimed to be particularly creative though

:v

But you are. Your doodles are outstanding, Shook.

Thanks mate. <3
Technically it is possible to be decent at drawing without being creative, however. Exactly where i am on the creativity spectrum is up for debate, but as it stands, there are a lot of repetitions in my gallery. :I ("dog", "fish" and "lizard" collectively sum up an astoundingly large percentage of my recent drawings)

... Honestly though, anxiety is still a fairly significant stopping block in my flow of ideas. There's a lot of things i don't draw because i'm afraid of screwing up the idea, and also a lot that i avoid drawing because i am irrationally afraid of being labelled as a furry, largely due to all the potential mockery that this entails. Sure, i think anthropomorphism is great (thanks to Disney probably), because it allows me to slap human expressions and characteristics onto whatever i want, and yes, there are some fantastic furry artists out there, and Mary Sue tendencies aside (i am bothered by excessively "perfect" characters), i'm fine with furries. I just don't associate myself with them, even if i have written a fairly large chunk of story where a certain species of humanoid reptilians are prominently featured (alongside humans, mind you). BUT I DIGRESS.
Originally Posted by Kirito View Post
Weird combinations?

I have seen a bee dragon drawn somewhere else before i made my own, and the helipropter actually stems from a photo where a guy had small models of a helicopter and a propeller plane standing in a way that made them blend together. :v

also here have a relatively spoopy thing that i can't be arsed to clean up

i should probably put a spoopwarning here for spoop-sensitive people

The truth is that i can't be arsed to clean it up because it isn't really pleasant to work on, huheh.
<Blam|Homework> oiubt veubg
various places to find me lol
You shouldn't let what other people think get the best of you. Yeah, furry type styles of drawing are frowned upon by many people on the Internet. But if it's something you don't mind doing, go ahead and do it.

I understand what anxiety is like, im sure most teens and young adults have experienced it at least once, and a good portion of them have to deal with it more than they want. I don't think anyone here will judge you on doing it. Maybe a couple, but it's the Internet, there's douches like that everywhere. :v

Just know I support anything you do when it comes to your art progression. Don't be afraid. . I do the same for my lady friend. She's a fantastic artist in the making. Top of her AP Art class. Teacher's favorite. :P

examples of her art ;o

By the way, your art isn't simplistic. Yeah, you repeat some of your characters, but that's because they're your characters and they make you happy to draw I hope. That's probably why you draw them a lot. They're very nice. It's always nice to step out of your comfort zone here and there to see what else you can do. But it's not bad at all to repeat.
Last edited by WeooWeoo; Jan 6, 2016 at 03:30 AM.

since anxiety is your body trying to stop you from doing supposedly bad things (in this case drawing different things) perhaps having someone guide you through it would work. the issue is find someone talented and patient to do that thought
oh yeah