Toribash
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Original Post
[DSC] Gamerule Mods
So people have been making what I call gamerule mods lately. Mods that are essentially the same as other mods, such as classic, except they have differnt game rules.

For example, lenshu, wushu, and most official mods are gamerule mods.

However, I believe that these types of mods are a waste of time. Making a mod that is twinswords.tbm, with one extra line to set sambo gravity is a waste. It means that there is more stuff to download when you install, and we ALL have to go through more mods to find the one we want.

I know that it may be more convient, but saving 1 person ~15 seconds to set the gamerules is better than saving the 1000 or so other people everyday ~1 second, who go through the increasing long mod list to find the one they want.

Furthermore, there is a "custom game thread," in the game subforum. Go there if you want to post your game rules, for other to see and use. Almost everyone who has posted a "gamerule mod," does so without a pic. Then, Rayclovis and Fnugget have to go bug you to put one up there, even if its useless. I suggest you post it in the custom game thread instead.

Basicly, these mods are not necessary, they waste time, and there is even a seperate, designated area to post these. Why post them here? I believe that these type of mods should not be allowed to be posted in the mods subforum, and should not be approved for MP.

What do you think? please state your reasons.
- its been a while