Toribash
http://askipedia.com/?p=1084

GOOGLE TO THE RESCUE
T0ribush: I could not get into two worlds even if my life depended on it.
ಠ_ಠ ಥ_ಥ
There is a reason you hear people say "You're some Einstein, aren't you." instead of "You're some Hawkins aren't you." They are both brilliant men, but most of hawkings work depends on the genius of Einstein's theories and equations. Hawkins' greates work was "hawkings radiation" which wasn't completely done on his own. Basically this says that black holes will eventually disappear due to this *big cheer*. On the other hand, Einstein managed to flatten what we knew, or thought we knew, about physics, and rebuild it in a mindblowing way. His theories reshaped the way we view space, time, velocities, light, gravity, and so much more, and in doing so, reshaped all of physics in a major way. His equations, such as E=mc squared, are used to determine the power of nuclear bombs! This is just a miniscule amount of what this man did for the world of physics. Also, study of Einstein's brain proved he was physically a genius due to his massive amount of neurons present in the brain, exponentially greater than the normal human. So, the answer, hands down is Einstein.
Define smartest.
Highest IQ?
Amount of respected research?
Biggest breakthroughs?
Originally Posted by Pro360 View Post
There is a reason you hear people say "You're some Einstein, aren't you." instead of "You're some Hawkins aren't you." They are both brilliant men, but most of hawkings work depends on the genius of Einstein's theories and equations.

Implying Einstein's work wasn't based on the work of Robert Brown, Isaac Newton, etc.

“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

That being said, there have been lots of really intelligent people, I don't think Einstein is necessarily the smartest one.
Thanks for the Avatar, MrAakash
this should answer the question "hawkings or einstein?"
Got any problems or questions about computers or any other tech?Feel free to PM me any time. Lmod for Computer/Mobile Chat
Once upon a time, there was a ridiciously smart person named Simon.

He could blow people's mind just by staring at them.

Some people say that he's still alive, but nobody knows.
piratez
Sadly, he looked in a mirror.
OT/
The smartest person in the world. That question would require multiple answers, so I'm not really sure.