people playing: 130, servers online: 45, games played: 137,763,792 Top Player: nervau

Toribash Community » Toribash » Mods
Register FAQ General Rules Community

Old Jul 23, 2011   #1
Smilies2

Some Kinda Belt
Clan: NO

~ Modding Tools ~
This thread is for "base" or default mods which include some useful concepts for a wide variety of mods.

Tools

Balance System

Most people have played or seen a mod with a balance system before. It was a concept first proposed by Skazz and subsequently, I developed the first balance system for 49realtoriboxing.tbm. (first mod uploaded to the mod uploader) Usually people think it works by using heavier feet but this is not the case.

The balance system uses opposing thrusts to keep the player upright. By placing upward thrust on the player's upper body and downward thrust on the player's lower body, the body will always straighten out when tilted at any degree.

This effect allows for the player to move efficiently without focusing on balancing with a variety of applications. (Sports, Parkour, Sparring or other realistic fighting mods)

I've attached a balance system mod tool to the post (MTBalance.tbm). It is a balance system which is configured for -35 gravity. Unlike most systems, it allows for excellent balancing without restricting freedom to the player, which should be useful for anyone who wants to apply it to their mod.

Keep in mind that a balance system must be configured when the gravity is changed. It becomes weaker as gravity increases and stronger as gravity decreases.

Enjoy and ask questions if any!
Attached Files
File Type: tbm MTBalance.tbm (663 Bytes, 128 views)
Pirate: smilies, your textures kick so much ass

<~ClockworkMonkey> sometimes, you don't try really hard and things just work out

Last edited by Pouffy; 4 Days Ago at 03:19 AM..
Smilies2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Days Ago   #2
Pouffy
Reta's Mod Slave

6th Dan Black Belt

I cleaned up the OP of useless/outdated stuff.

If anyone has modtools/templates (similar to the modtools section in my thread), feel free to PM me with your submissions.

I'd love to get this updated with modern tools that could benefit new modmakers.
Pouffy is offline   Reply With Quote