ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Theories
hi, yes check me out fam

Replays - Dobby
Software used - Adobe After Effects, Toribash, Fraps, Handbrake
Song Used - Kendrick Lamar - Yah Yah

cnc is appreciated

EDIT - video got taken down because copyright........
Last edited by yoshiman60; May 18, 2017 at 11:46 PM.

Channel - ok
I love the transitions, you have a great style and it's very smooth, but it's almost bland with the cc. If you're going for a sepia-style look, imho it'd be cool if you added some orange tint c:

Your velocity's awesome too, I just got into after effects and it's the hardest thing for me to get right (teach me senpai )
I always like it in a replay video when they speed up and slow down really fast. It makes it look really authentic in my opinion. Also, yes the transitions are smooth.

I think the song is really fitting with the subtleness to the lyrics and beat. The velocity part moves well with the beat too. Good job man!!
the velo is great, cc gives a nice vibe but is not that impressive
the thing that annoys me the most is how close the camera is, i can't see wtf is happening
but keep going, you can do some gud shit
Last edited by Loige; May 16, 2017 at 09:58 PM.
grau°
Your fucking lvl up man !

Clip was realy cool and i love your transition !
It's for me your best edit for the moment !
Continue in this way !
"Wining is teaching,Losing is learning"
ignore the people above me, they know nothing about editing.

first off, the atmosphere u created did not fit the song at all, the intro was rly bad and too long, the colors did not fit at all and u used way too many screen pumps

the theme in the song is religious based, and i don't see how your brightness lowered cc fits the theme of the song. nothing in this edit could be considered divine or even close. you need to work on thinking about what message you are trying to convey through the art you make (videos)

ur keyframing is ok

try making some wack shit u like and not something we would, explore your own creativity and dont mold yourself into something this trash ass community thinks is "good"
(however, you do need to work on what i said)
Okay first off, don't listen to royal's first sentence, even if people don't know anything about editing their feedback can still be important.
Second of all, @Royal, Luigizinhu is a great editor himself so don't assume that some people don't know anything about editing.

Now time for some cnc for you, you glorious bastard.

-At some points the camera gets too close to the Tori.
-Some parts of the velo felt a bit rushed but some other parts were excellent, I think you should make it a bit more snappy, like make the clip go faster at certain beats, from what I saw it was fast at times and at some points it was kinda slow.
-The colour correction, It's not bad, I think you should try a different hue though.
-Please do /opt bruise 0 and /opt grip 0.
-When you render I think you should lower it a bit, not sure what it was at now.
-Try to do something creative, you have been using those spin transitions and blur too often now, try experimenting with different effects, I like what you are doing though, keep it up!
As Keshava said, don't listen to royal about how you shouldn't listen to people who don't know about editing. Those people still make up the majority of your views, so those are the people you should listen to in order to make your content more appealing.

Now I'll give you my 2 cents:

Your velo was a bit jumpy at points. Lower velo-changes could've made the video look smoother. It also makes it less laggy (which your video was a bit, not too much though), since your low-points aren't as slow as they are in the type of velocity you used.

The 2nd thing I'd like to point out is that the CC didn't quite fit the song. This, of course, is personal preference, but looking at other comments it seems to be the case more often than not. Imo something brighter and more colorful could've been nice. I like the old-film effects though. You didn't overdo it which is nice.

More effects could've been used, but I'm ok with a minimalistic style as well. Some sort of hue-based effects (color-changing) would've saved this edit from being so... plain. It never really lifts off or anything, it seems to just stay in one lane for the whole time. Could've used something to spice it up.

The last thing I can think of to critique you about is the freecam. It's definitely not bad, but it's not interesting either. As most things in your video, it ends up being a little boring. Quite well executed, but boring.

So yeah, next time try not to play it as safe and try to keep stuff interesting with whatever tools you have. The video was technically quite nice, which is refreshing, and shows that you should be capable of providing something that stands out.
idk if its already been said, but the sync was dragging a tad in the last replay

its not too noticeable only half a second behind though
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
tsu tsu cuckoo
Originally Posted by Keshava View Post
Okay first off, don't listen to royal's first sentence, even if people don't know anything about editing their feedback can still be important.
Second of all, @Royal, Luigizinhu is a great editor himself so don't assume that some people don't know anything about editing.

Now time for some cnc for you, you glorious bastard.

-At some points the camera gets too close to the Tori.
-Some parts of the velo felt a bit rushed but some other parts were excellent, I think you should make it a bit more snappy, like make the clip go faster at certain beats, from what I saw it was fast at times and at some points it was kinda slow.
-The colour correction, It's not bad, I think you should try a different hue though.
-Please do /opt bruise 0 and /opt grip 0.
-When you render I think you should lower it a bit, not sure what it was at now.
-Try to do something creative, you have been using those spin transitions and blur too often now, try experimenting with different effects, I like what you are doing though, keep it up!

"do something creative" nice one
Originally Posted by Havu View Post
As Keshava said, don't listen to royal about how you shouldn't listen to people who don't know about editing. Those people still make up the majority of your views, so those are the people you should listen to in order to make your content more appealing.

Now I'll give you my 2 cents:

Your velo was a bit jumpy at points. Lower velo-changes could've made the video look smoother. It also makes it less laggy (which your video was a bit, not too much though), since your low-points aren't as slow as they are in the type of velocity you used.

The 2nd thing I'd like to point out is that the CC didn't quite fit the song. This, of course, is personal preference, but looking at other comments it seems to be the case more often than not. Imo something brighter and more colorful could've been nice. I like the old-film effects though. You didn't overdo it which is nice.

More effects could've been used, but I'm ok with a minimalistic style as well. Some sort of hue-based effects (color-changing) would've saved this edit from being so... plain. It never really lifts off or anything, it seems to just stay in one lane for the whole time. Could've used something to spice it up.

The last thing I can think of to critique you about is the freecam. It's definitely not bad, but it's not interesting either. As most things in your video, it ends up being a little boring. Quite well executed, but boring.

So yeah, next time try not to play it as safe and try to keep stuff interesting with whatever tools you have. The video was technically quite nice, which is refreshing, and shows that you should be capable of providing something that stands out.

funny how u both post after i post

yw yoshi seems like i can bring attention to this thread to actually get you cnc

idiots woops sorry i meant friends

the free cam i liked, it rly showed the rawness of editing and i think if u tweak it just enough it will look amazing
so in order for this post not to be removed here are my thoughts:
intro needed some work, if u want to use a sword have it cut a diagonal line across the screen so it opens to the edit instead of it turning and staying in a circle.
ur getting better with editing better than ur csgo edit many ages ago
however dont make the same mistake i did and listen to people who didnt know what they were talking about and trying to make ur editing acceptable to their standards
art is about expression and if u dont have fun doing it then just dont do it my friend
Last edited by royal; May 16, 2017 at 08:49 PM.