Toribash
Originally Posted by nikosefs View Post
that was actually a bot thing,toribash never had that much activity.

For me,i think it was around 2010,nblx's event of light vs dark 2,
which actually got ruined cause the forum got hacked or something and
it required a rollback,so everything got lost.

but that event,it really was the best.

I still have the comic from that event. I can upload it. It wasn't finished due to forum hack, but it does stir up some memories. Especially since ppl that were the part of that event are no more on forum or in game... sigh.

I also have a comic from that mini-event of mine under the tutelage of clan Corrupted Waffles. And now I just saw they are no more... sigh.

Last edited by 8OJ4N; Sep 16, 2016 at 07:01 PM.
Back in the days of paying 20$ so you can save your belt on logoff and /name to change your name to whatever.
Anime United
Originally Posted by 8OJ4N View Post
I also have a comic from that mini-event of mine under the tutelage of clan Corrupted Waffles. And now I just saw they are no more... sigh.

They are still around in some form - [CW] and some other clan merged to form [re].
By the way your art is the stuff of fucking legend jesus christ

I thought that $1000 USD aikido tourney was a lot of fun.
Originally Posted by Fear View Post
They are still around in some form - [CW] and some other clan merged to form [re].
By the way your art is the stuff of fucking legend jesus christ

That 1000 USD one really was cool. I wasn't home that day but it was a great event, like, huge and stuff.
Hi
Rapid Threads Lmod.
Got any questions? Feel free to ask!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
the tori investigation series was pretty fun. but generally, around 2011 was the best times i had in this community. it was mainly the people here at the time that made it so fun.
Originally Posted by Fear View Post

Originally Posted by zwouter View Post
That 1000 USD one really was cool. I wasn't home that day but it was a great event, like, huge and stuff.

My good old friend Bate won it that day. I remember getting lifted out in the quarters and being salty about it.

I could probably write an entire book about the period from forums wipeout to that tournament. That 1k tourney used to be big for some. Me and a few other folks, especially Bate himself used to do 300k-1kk duels on regular basis(which was, of course, real money for us at a 10k-1$ back in the days). I don't think that I'll ever get a thrill like that ever again while playing a video game. And the beautiful thing was that we actually had fun while gambling. But then the game just lost it. I think everything after that tournament was the breaking point.

World champs were discontinued. Scammers came in, following that a lot of retarded rules were created that constrained a lot of good players. Shit tons of drama started regarding scams and other bullshit. Some people were actually freaking forbidden from duelling each other. Event hosters and some of the mods turned full nazi. I, myself, hosted over 500 events as a GK/GM and I remember I was told to keep my tournaments more "formal". That was probably the most retarded moment in the nine years of being in this community.

Even earlier, back when this community had Wibbles and Veb, that time was fun as hell. God it was incredible how one dev alone made the entire community fun as hell.

This game had an INCREDIBLE perspective to have a VERY good competitive scene. Instead of creating a scam-friendly system for dueling, hosting more events like world champs the exact opposite was done which made me extremely sad back when I still played. Nobody had a freaking vision. All of the old-schoolers started leaving the game and it just turned out completely "meh" in a matter of one year.

In all honesty I grew up with this game. I downloaded the game in late 07, found out about the forums later in 08. Started when I was 11, now I'm 20. I bought my first phone, laptop from this game. Spent so much time on it. Kind of weird when you think about it, but no regrets whatsoever.
~Rainbow Belt|[Tint]|Rank 32~
\:D/ RAINBOW PANDAAAAA \:D/
~GameMaster|BISH|GameGrad|ORMO|ToriPrime L-Mod~

ZinxGlowToastBondyLoxSwyneErth
[Bsns][Fr3styL][Colon3][One][SyN][Rvng]

Toribash World Championship 2011 Runner Up

<AlphasoniK> Kristis: What the fuck is wrong with you, rainbow loving panda freak.
Seriously, try to piss standing up for a change. No life girly pants dimwit.