Toribash
Originally Posted by Elite View Post
There are some bitcoin wallets that can store coins offline.
one of those being Electrum

And the dotcom/internet boom was essentially when bitcoin and some other coins essentially went up a huge shit ton in USD from what i remember.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dot-com_bubble

Had literally nothing to do with bitcoin or cryptocurrency

first crypto which i believe is bitcoin came out in 2009 while this bubble happened around 2000
i created the ??? emoji
like a lighter bitch we ignit
Imo investing in bitcoin atm isn't that profitable unless you invest a consistent amount.

I'd rather suggest to buy a few bucks of the newest cryptocurrencies.

The fact is it doesn't matter if they're going to reach the same value as bitcoins,it's just about the price raising.

For example i bought 65 ripples which is around 50$ at 0.75. Now it's around 2.5-3$ which is almost 4 times the start price. That said my 50$ are now 200$.

If you buy bitcoin even at 10000$ you'll have to wait untill it jumps to 20k just to double your money... got it?

Even if ripple isn't going anywhere it's still a good way to make money.

TLDR buy stupid cryptocurrencies for cheap prices (new ones are worth prices like 0,01 $) and wait untill they reach a value of 0,1 - 0,2 and sell. If you do the math that's 20 times the initial amount you invested

(Bought 14 more ripples at 2$ that's why you see 79,still waiting for them to grow,i'd say XRP will reach 20$ for the end of 2020 that's why i'll keep buying ripples untill it's under 10$)
Last edited by Hisoka; Jan 7, 2018 at 12:09 AM.
Originally Posted by Hoka View Post
What do you mean by "move it offline and store it"?? And what particular advantage does this give.. if any?

Most coins can be moved off of the exchange you buy it on and stored in an offline wallet. The advantage of this is just safety and security. There's always a small chance of hacking/exploitation/stealing in online exchanges.

Also, do graph trends have any kind of importance via cryptocurrency trading?

You could probably try to do some technical analysis to turn results but at the moment the market, and especially newer altcoins, are fueled a lot by emotion, news, speculation etc. There are always general patterns that emerge but you'll do much better watching a coin's news for new partnerships as an indicator of price likely to rise vs the ordering and size of bullish/bearish candlesticks etc.

Do you feel as though Ven is going to keep going up? and also what are you comparing to the internet/dotcom boom

I sure hope so, I've invested in them.
And by that I just mean that with the birth of blockchain technology recently there are a lot of use cases and solvable problems now. There is a lot of innovation going on with the tech that is akin to how the birth of the internet changed business and disrupted a lot of industries.
Originally Posted by cocacobra View Post
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dot-com_bubble

Had literally nothing to do with bitcoin or cryptocurrency

first crypto which i believe is bitcoin came out in 2009 while this bubble happened around 2000

Ah alright, thanks for clarifying.
I've only made 2x since I started, and today I cashed out my initial investment and put the rest into UFR. Really promising project that serves a purpose and has a small market capitalization so hopefully my first 5x comes from that in Q1.
Originally Posted by Hisoka View Post
TLDR buy stupid cryptocurrencies for cheap prices (new ones are worth prices like 0,01 $) and wait untill they reach a value of 0,1 - 0,2 and sell. If you do the math that's 20 times the initial amount you invested

Wouldn't recommend that logic for XRP as it's circulating supply is near 40 billion, while bitcoin's is only 16 million. With that, it means that if ripple hits Bitcoin's market capitalization, a single XRP would only be worth around $6. That crypto doesn't have much more room to grow in my opinion compared to those that are lower in market cap. It's a common misconception though, in fact it's what led me to buy ripple when it was $.50 but i've already sold all of what i had.
Last edited by Daxx; Jan 11, 2018 at 11:50 AM.