Toribash
Original Post
Multiple personalities
ok , do any of you guys out there have almost like multiple personalities?
like when you hang out with someone you act a certin way, but when you are with someone else you act differently and when you are all alone you act like who you really are.

I have this happen to me a little bit.
please comment i would like to know.
When I'm at school, I try to act cool. when I'm at home with my parents, I act very childish and silly. when I'm online, I think that's who I really am
I'm pretty sure everyone has multiple personalities.

How humans act with their group of friends will be different than, say, to their parents, pastor, boss, etc.
Originally Posted by BlakNWyte View Post

How humans act with their group of friends will be different than, say, to their parents, pastor, boss, etc.

Yeah, it's pretty sensible.

But I also act differently around each friend. I think it's part of human nature. For example, a father would make his voice high pitched for a baby, often unintentionally. Similarly, I would find myself imitating a friend a little when I talk to him.
For example, I have a friend who is always carefree, and kinda talks in internet speak. So I adopt that.

Two days ago, I was sitting with a classmate, and she was really depressed sounding. So that made me feel depressed.

Around people younger, I act with more leadership, just more commanding. To teachers and parents, I'm a lot more toned down. I'd also speak softer too.

It's contagious for me
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gimp is Pimp(tm)

DarkJak's Wide-Range Texture Shop[LINK]

Incognito - [o]
If everyone is insane we all have multiple personalities, mine don't change much though. It's more because I hang out with people similiar to me that like to listen to music, draw, get wasted and high.
I don't think people have multiple personalities. What you're describing is more... social-situational adaptive functioning. Multiple personalities is a symptom of the aptly named Multiple Personality Disorder (in the psychological world, they are referred to as Multies). Multiple personailties are characterised by (in most cases) violent tendencies in one or several personalities, loss of personal identity, blurring of one's own identity, debilitating sleep disorders, and often ended by suicide. Commonly mistaken with bipolar disorder and some forms of schizophrenia.

Also,
Originally Posted by T0ribush View Post
It's more because I hang out with people similiar to me that like to listen to music, draw, get wasted and high.

^^That explains most of your posts then, eh?
[Piratez]
I am neither Oyster nor lsl.
Originally Posted by BlakNWyte View Post

I don't think those are separate personalities, more like separate behavior patterns, for example being polite around your boss etc.
LIGHTING FROM MY EYES