Ranking
Not preventing something is not the same as doing that something. If your actions display racist behaviour (the parameters of which have been discussed already) then they are racist, anything which does not fit these parameters can not be racism. This is simple stuff.
Good morning sweet princess
Your comment is ignorant. If racism was sooo simple, then racism would not be so widely written about. I feel racism is much deeper than fried chicken stereotypes and segregation. I feel we should all keep an open mind on said situation in take in all possibilities.
Last edited by Zelda; Feb 20, 2015 at 01:10 PM. Reason: Removed the fallacies because they gave me a headache.
...Surely you have more productive things to do then read my stupid signature...[TA]|[TF]
Originally Posted by BeanSprout View Post
Fun Fact on Racism:

Did you know that racism isn't just up front discrimination? Pretending/avoiding racism is one of the greatest forms of racism. Things like stating that racism is no longer an issue. Silly right? Wrong!!! By pretending that racism isn't a problem, you are actually preventing racism from ending because how can you fix a problem if you refuse that it exists?

Saying racism isn't a problem isn't refusing that it doesn't exist. If one was too stop caring, then rasicm woildnt be a problem. How is what you're saying not working vise versa? Isn't saying that racism is a problem is allowing you to see bad things about a certain group? Personally, I don't think in those terms. I hang out and talk to people that I want to hang out and talk with without ever thinking anything could really be racist anymore. I'm not someone who will go and protest against racism because I feel that it defeats a certain purpose of being equal. The ones who identify it as a problem are the ones who make it a deal. The majority of most types people in a lot of places aren't really racist. Stop giving people an incentive to counter argue and just be ok. Calm

Think of it as contradicting a point. Don't find racism in everything that it "could be in" because all this protest is ultimately going to backfire.

~US citizens view

In other countries, protest may need to happen, but where most of us live, it's not a big problem.
Last edited by Link; Feb 20, 2015 at 02:42 AM.
Chickster: I literally don't know why I did it.
Racism can be important and complex without including things which are not racist. It can be effected and caused by a great number of noteworthy phenomenon which people can write books about, this does not mean that everything mentioned in the books about racism is an example of racism, just that they are relevant to it.
Last edited by Zelda; Feb 20, 2015 at 12:34 PM. Reason: Getting back on track.
As someone of the African decent, I tend to deal with racism often. Of course, not all of it is direct. If one stopped caring, RACISM WOULD STILL BE A PROBLEM. I'm afraid to say that racism of all kinds was implemented into many cultures, especially American. If people didn't care, they would continue being racist and there would be no one to stop it. If people didn't care, they would just do what they've been doing for centuries. It's obvious that racism is too big to just push to the side. Effort is required to stop it, not ignorance.
Last edited by Zelda; Feb 20, 2015 at 12:43 PM.
...Surely you have more productive things to do then read my stupid signature...[TA]|[TF]
Now onto your point that can be summarised to the fact that racism is needs to be fought to be stopped. I agree (well, I can at least pretend to agree for now). Racism is a massive issue and it is ignorant to say otherwise. But unfortunately being ignorant does not necessarily make something racist. Racism is all the things which fit within the definition of racism which we are here to discuss (among other things such as how big a problem racism is), unfortunately being stupid and not trying to stop injustices such as racism is not included in any definitions for racism that I have seen.
Last edited by Zelda; Feb 20, 2015 at 12:14 PM. Reason: Removed stuff which is no longer important.
Well, seems like that's sorted, then. I'll give it another day or two for people to jump in and start another discussion - else I'll shoot it dead.
Originally Posted by ImmortalPig View Post
The injustice is pretty important - we are talking about a field referred to as 'social justice' after all.

We are talking about literally sending people off to fight and die because of their sex after all. If you want an example of sexism, I can't think of any better than millions of men dying because of their sex.

The amount of sexism involved in an event does not determine the tragedy of the event and is not directly proportional to the overall injustice of it. Nevertheless, you are right, I don't think anyone thought otherwise except for maybe Kyure for a while.
Last edited by Zelda; Feb 20, 2015 at 12:38 PM. Reason: Getting back on track.
Sure, someone dying is sad, and someone dying because of sexism does not make it any sadder.

But I think in general many people would say that dying because of sexism is overall more of an injustice. Certainly many feminists, for example, will consider rape of a woman to be more of an injustice than rape of a man (some feminists consider a man being raped to be justice, so that's a complete 180, but that's just the fabled "reverse racism").

I understood what you said, but if you present an argument I will respond to it. The purpose of this subforum is to discuss. What is the point in outlining an argument and then telling me "don't respond until someone takes it up"? If there is an argument or flaw it needs to be addressed.

I'm glad this came up honestly, and I think it's important especially since some are trying to revert this subforum to being debates. Discussion without being rooted to a position and without people needing to have ownership over ideas or arguments is far more productive. It goes without saying that I'm against having this subforum reverted back to debates.
Last edited by Ele; Feb 20, 2015 at 12:10 PM. Reason: italicised the part where you started throwing rocks in your glass house
Oldfag from 2015 :cool:
Originally Posted by Kyure View Post
There is no possible way that women will ever be respected as much as men, it could come close, but never equal. There are still far too many countries in the world that treat their women as slaves.

This is made up. This is the kind of thing that someone fabricates to further dogma. you can't back up anything you said, it's baseless conjecture. Of course there is a possible way that women could be respected as much as men, but admitting this would devalue your agenda.
my clan was deleted