Toribash
Original Post
A Couple of Questions for a Custom PC
my birthday is coming up soon (june 25), and there's a few parts for my custom PC I'm considering getting, but I have some questions

1: will a good sound card give enhanced audio output to not only the speakers but to, say, a USB headset or regular headphones?

2: I have an older graphics card from an old Dell PC, and I'd like to add it alongside my current card for more monitor outputs. would this work? or would there be performance issues?

3: what are some good gaming cases? I like ones with blue LED's, so I bought my current one without thinking of other aspects, and it sucks.

Edited your title.
~TehCaek

thanks?
~bman

You're welcome
~TehCaek DarkJak
Last edited by DarkJak; Jun 10, 2010 at 10:32 PM.
First, happy early birthday!

I know that a good sound card will better the headphones if it is plugged into the back. I'm not sure about usb ones though, since those connect to the motherboard through the usb slots, as opposed to going directly through the card.

2. Would only work if they are the same model. Since it is an older one, I believe not.

3. I have two favorites right now. The classic Antec 902, and the Lancool PC-K62.

Both have leds. I prefer the lancool more because it adds an actual hard drive bay, has slightly better cable management, has a nicer looking window (opinion), and is totally tooless, using mostly metal designs instead of plastic, so it is actually a stable tooless case. They are both around 100 bucks.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gimp is Pimp(tm)

DarkJak's Wide-Range Texture Shop[LINK]

Incognito - [o]