Ranking
Originally Posted by vladvlad View Post
The i7's are a waste of money IMO...You could get a Phenom II X4 or X6 for a way smaller price, and still get a hell of a CPU.

im looking to get the x6 in my new pc, for the average gamer, an i7 is pointless.

also, we're assuming youre talking in Dollars here?

4.5k DOLLARS on a pc? im looking to spend R6000 on mine, and its not too far off what you guys are putting down.
price your parts from decent stockists and you'll save plenty.
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
don't spend 5k at one time.

Buy a 1-2k computer that is pretty good, then upgrade it over time, so that it will always be pretty good.

If you drop it all at one time then in a year you will have a pretty good computer, but will have spent much money
Originally Posted by Gorman View Post
don't spend 5k at one time.

Buy a 1-2k computer that is pretty good, then upgrade it over time, so that it will always be pretty good.

If you drop it all at one time then in a year you will have a pretty good computer, but will have spent much money

I agree with gorman, the best thing to do is just upgrade a pretty good, okayish computer.
1-2k is maybe a little silly. but i agree, going for the tops of everything is pointless.
but i wouldnt go lower than
gfx card: ati 5770
cpu: phenom x4

and get a decent motherboard so you have upgrade options
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
don't go with overpriced shit like alienware, have someone build you a computer if you cant do it yourself, asking here is just stupid and you'll be disappointed.

edit: newegg is the place to go if you're american