ES Recruitment Drive
cards don't have some sort of lifetime, the 285 is a fine card.
Don't waste money that you'll need one day, if you have to spend it, find a more worthwhile cause :P
Originally Posted by Yourface View Post
Yeah... i'm just gonna ignore you now.... i have 7K in the bank right now, and I'm only 15.

That won't help you after an economic crash.
Do whatever you want with your money. But beware. Just in case... Or it might be too late one day.
"There is enough on earth for everybody's need, but not for everyone's greed." - Mohandas Gandhi
you've gotta know by now that he's going to do what he wants with his money, he's going to learn though. making mistakes is part of life it's how you deal with those mistakes that makes you who you are. by not making any mistakes means you've never tried. atleast he's trying and who knows it may not end up to be a mistake after all so get off his case, like he said he's 15 there's plenty of time for him to regain his losses if he doesn't spend his money wisely now. that's all part of being a kid too.
You don't say?
yea really, man it's been how many years since crysis came out? and now they're making a second one, this thing will be obsolete as soon as crysis 2 hits the shelf lol
You don't say?
crysis 2 is lower spec than crysis 1 in terms of minimum spec, but slightly higher for it's max I've herd, so I can sympathize, however the 480GTX should be more than capable of handling it at whatever you put it up to, you may need two if you want to burn your GPU's and use 3D crysis 2 + 3 screens, plus the 480 comes with 3D stuff in one of the packages I believe. For normal people most graphics cards should actually run crysis 2, heck if you don't mind a smaller res the radeon 4650 should probably run it xD
lol, i have no doubt my system will run it even though i have an outdated 8800gtx (which i plan on upgrading) even if it wont run max settings
You don't say?
yeah i just changed my mind.
I realized that nothing will really look better with a new graphics card(minus tessellation) until I got a monitor with a higher resolution than 1680x1050. So I'm going to hold back on the graphics card and get a 28". I wish I could get a 30" but they all have color correction and cost a crapload.

and organ a 8800gtx should run it, I used to run it on a 8800gts.