Toribash
Original Post
Turn my PC into a MAC?
Hi, I am fed up with normal windows vista on my new toshiba laptop. I want to turn my PC into a MAC, im tired of all these "hacks" to make it just "look" like a MAC, but i am willing to spend any money, just give me some answers please. I want to buy what i need to buy to turn my PC into a real MAC, like all of the options, like Ichat, photobooth, stuff like that, all put into one package, like your buying a MACbook and all those options are already there, cant you buy something like this for windows? thanks.
Why on earth did you get Windows Vista on a new laptop? Get 7, you idiot. It's only been out for seven (hurr a hurr) months.
infamous
Yeah i know im getting it for free soon, but what about the mac question.
NOOOO thats exactly what im talking about! Those stupid "hacks" that MAKE your PC look like a Mac, i want the real thing, not just downloading gay cover-ups.
gah. i looked everywhere it doesnt show how to MAKE it a mac, thats prob the best i can do. you can make a mac into a pc, but what are you looking for? the apps that macs have? or good quality gaming?
TP|Guardians| Hai. Watz upz.
oh thats easy

find yourself an EFI patch (one i used was the empire EFI, google it the instructions are there)

also, to make your life a little easier, make sure your hardware matches a typical mac build (i had problems with older intel CPU's seeing that mac didn't make units with those chipsets)

typically, newer model laptops/netbooks can be turned into hackintoshes quite well (except for those running intel ATOM's)
No, Like you know how the macbook comes with all the mac stuff, i want all of that, but legit stuff, like me buying all the programs put together.
Last edited by Savyor; Jul 26, 2010 at 06:48 AM.
Uh, Okay Avwave, but im not that technical with that kind of stuff, it looks pretty complicated, like, i just want to buy stuff and install it on my computer than my PC will be mac-a-nized.