ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Radeon hd 5450 Or Nvidia 9500
Hi , i want to buy a budget graphic card , and i don t know which graphic card i should buy either radeon hd 5450 or nvidia 9500.
Please tell me which one is better , and also if you think if there's one budget graphic card better pls tell me .
Thx
''May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't.''
go with the 9500gt

128 bit vs 64 bit

25gb/s for the 9500gt

12gb/s for the 5450
You don't say?
Nvidia, totally. On Radeons You will meet problems with compatibility etc etc - at least i see it from my own experience. Now i have nvidia 7950GT, and i had Radeon HD pro 2600. Nvidia wins.
it's not the compatibility Marked, also the hd 2000 series were known to not be that great. since that series of ati though ati/amd have stepped up their graphics drivers to give you a better experience for their products.

i will agree they are still behind nvidia in the drivers aspect but between both of those cards the drivers wont matter as much as the cards themselves do because of how they are manufactured.

the 5450 may have dx11 but it would be completely useless to try and use it on that card and the 9500gt is dx10 but has better performance over the 5450 because of the bandwidth which is 25 gb/s vs the ati which is 12. the other factor is the memory interface, on the nvidia the interface is 128-bit vs the ati which is 64-bit.

just clarifying my earlier post but basically but the compatibility isn't as much of a factor with newer ati cards vs nvidia.
You don't say?
I haet ATI won tiem they maek card and it no work good. Now my mind say all ATI sux. Never buy ATI cos of my 1 bad expeerience that was probably my fawlt.
When I see you, my heart goes DOKI⑨DOKI
Fish: "Gorman has been chosen for admin. After a lengthy discussion we've all decided that Gorman is the best choice for the next admin."
juni, the intel/amd, nvidia/ati thing is in the past. it's not so much that way anymore because of the motherboard manufacturers are making nvidia and ati based boards for both intel AND amd.

both of which have high end and low end counterparts making the performances of any component you use with them vary slightly but overall both amd and intel cpu's have a similar scale of performance for ati and nvidia gpu's
You don't say?