ES Recruitment Drive
Originally Posted by Acesonnall View Post
Honestly, anything is better than an Apple Product. The only decent thing that they have is Ipod. I still don't even own that though. I would go with any tablet, e-reader, or an android.

That's a litte bias don't you think? Apple stuff is alright for the average user (I can't stand it, too restricted.) but they are still ok. Any random tablet wouldn't have the same functions as an iPod touch and many of them would be worse than one.
Truthfully. What teenager or kid do you see who owns an iTouch or iPod uses it for actual work or to make their lives easier? None. Most of them use it to play with the cool apps that they'll get bored of or listen to music (Only good reason). Ipad 2 doesn't even deserve to be called "2". It's more like an Ipad 1.5 since it had no software update. All that changed was the screen resolution, camera support, etc (I can find a bunch of funny memes). Parents pay so much for their children just to have fun.

An android on the other hand usually costs a lot cheaper depending on what type you buy and it can do some stuff iPhone cant. Apples products get easily jailbroken and kids don't even use them for their main purpose anyway so I can't really give points on this.
3DS FC: 2750 - 1690 - 5913
Acesonnall's Temporary Site: http://flavors.me/acesonnall (If anyone cares)
Honestly, I wouldn't get either. Save up for the Asus transformer prime (tablet with a docking stand that adds a detachable keyboard) or get the samsung galaxy tablet. i've tried all of them including the ipad "HD" as well as having owned a few ipod touches in the past and the android tablets that come in at around 500$ are on a whole different level. especially if you're literally going to use a tablet for relevant things and not just for games..
it could go both ways tablet the one i have shut down and it wont come on i was playing a game on it and it shut off but its good wen its on but ipod has a smal screen
I would go tablet. For work, a tablet is easier to navigate and is bigger so it's generally easier to work with and type on etc. Depending on the tablet, the processor will probably about the same as the Ipod or a bit under or over depending on what you get. It should still be fast enough for all your games.

Now, games.
Though there are less games on the Google Play market than on iTunes, it is a growing thing. A tablet will also provide more fuller game play due to a bigger screen.

I presume that if you get a tablet, it would be android like almost all of the tablets these days. This is a plus because you are not locked into the evils of iTunes.

That's my views on it anyway. Go for whatever you prefer.
Also, that reminds me a lot of the good i* games are being converted to 'droid, so you should actually be alright for games. I know Temple Run and Angry Birds is on the android market, so they can atleast keep you busy =P. But I think if you are going for a tablet make sure it's quality, save up for it and get a Samsung Galaxy, otherwise don't bother IMO.
<sireal> chuck you're a gay cunt
<Chuck_Gaming> I am
iPod touches are very polished and capable devices, $200 tablets are cheap Chinese trash. Even if it runs "oh so godly Android" it is still going to break and feel cheap.

Hate on Apple all you want, but their products are more polished then many of their competitors. There are plenty of apps on either platform to enjoy, from music and games to calendars and messaging, and even VNC and terminal services.

At this price range there is no contest, the touch clearly wins.
@kumi: it depends on what he's looking for, if he's looking for good flash support he won't find it in the iPod touch. Plus, a decent tablet is far better than an iPod, worth the price difference. Agreed though, it's better than a 200$ tablet, fuck that dodgy shit =P
<sireal> chuck you're a gay cunt
<Chuck_Gaming> I am
Go with a Kindle Fire.
Buy a notetaking app.
Definitely not Josh Lintag
Originally Posted by GLaD0S View Post
Go with a Kindle Fire.
Buy a notetaking app.

That's my favorite so far. I have a Kindle 3 3G/Wi-Fi at the moment though

Originally Posted by Solax View Post
I would go tablet. For work, a tablet is easier to navigate and is bigger so it's generally easier to work with and type on etc. Depending on the tablet, the processor will probably about the same as the Ipod or a bit under or over depending on what you get. It should still be fast enough for all your games.

Now, games.
Though there are less games on the Google Play market than on iTunes, it is a growing thing. A tablet will also provide more fuller game play due to a bigger screen.

I presume that if you get a tablet, it would be android like almost all of the tablets these days. This is a plus because you are not locked into the evils of iTunes.

That's my views on it anyway. Go for whatever you prefer.

Not really related to what you posted, but just as a person, it's hard to read what you post with that background.
3DS FC: 2750 - 1690 - 5913
Acesonnall's Temporary Site: http://flavors.me/acesonnall (If anyone cares)