ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
toribash 5.0 standalone commercial F2P version
WARNING!

first of all, i would like to state it clearly. all what you will read down there is concept and vision of standalone toribash and commercial vision of game. not an upgrade or iteration of existing one, due drastic changes which are quite gamebreaking at current point.

so to give you a quick idea of what my vision on toribash 5.0 ( it may be even re-branded and get different name ) is to make game to look more like orginary f2p game which may be even profitable.

1) no free market

no free market

2) control over mods

control over mods

3) player worlds - this is one of customization features.

player worlds

4) graphical upgrades - game should look solid and appealing. some commercial look. not a alpha-beta-proof of concept. AA and that sort of stuff.

5) gameplay mechanics

gameplay

6) servers.

servers

7) friends system i described it earlier and i will link it here again. https://dl.dropbox.com/u/24204278/TO/frnd.png

8 )Farming-proof clan ranking system:

clan raning

more ideas http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=385958
Last edited by snob; Dec 24, 2012 at 03:00 PM.
I don't really like restricting people in P1. I think that people should be allowed to buy/sell/trade with each other like a real economy does. If you had to request a custom set, for example, Bruce Lee from Game of Death, no artist will make that on his or her own, so you would probably never see it on a public auction. Not only that, but I feel that the people with the most money to spend would just end up buying sets on the cheap and reselling them for more. Essentially, Marketeering with sets.

Everything else is pretty good. I think P5 should only be restrcted to tourneys and competitions so that ops can see who performed the best, not which one collided and got lucky more often.
No free market?

The market is one of the most important factors of the game. Without it, a slew of users would have nothing to do.
[23:23:53] <AndChat|700625> Blue eyes ultimate dragon best card
[23:24:29] <AndChat|700625> You know the one with 3 heads
[23:24:39] <~Lightningkid> just like my dick

[11:35:40] <box> Hampa suck
[11:36:21] <hampa> not the first to tell me that today
Originally Posted by SilentAssassin View Post
I don't really like restricting people in P1. I think that people should be allowed to buy/sell/trade with each other like a real economy does. If you had to request a custom set, for example, Bruce Lee from Game of Death, no artist will make that on his or her own, so you would probably never see it on a public auction. Not only that, but I feel that the people with the most money to spend would just end up buying sets on the cheap and reselling them for more. Essentially, Marketeering with sets.

Originally Posted by box View Post
No free market?

The market is one of the most important factors of the game. Without it, a slew of users would have nothing to do.

do you know any f2p game with free market? i don't because free market prevent developer to earn money. no money = no motivation = no updates.

ffs is toribash a idealistic concurention simulation? no. it's a fighting game

i don't know anything worse then speculation on typical products and price war.. markting have much more tools... the only real market on toribash is texture market. here goes branding and more tools for trading. while items market is a quite horrid..

and as i said, my vision of tb 5 as standalone game to be f2p profitable.

if you have any idea on how to make tb4 profitable and acceptable for players i'm all waiting
Last edited by snob; Dec 24, 2012 at 05:24 PM.
Originally Posted by snob View Post
do you know any f2p game with free market? i don't because free market prevent developer to earn money. no money = no motivation = no updates.

There are games a-plenty of this type.

ffs is toribash a idealistic concurention simulation? no. it's a fighting game

What does this have to do with the market?

and as i said, my vision of tb 5 as standalone game to be f2p profitable.

if you have any idea on how to make tb4 profitable and acceptable for players i'm all waiting

If hampa had any intention to make tons of cash with Toribash, these sorts of methods would have been implemented long ago.

In fact, read this page on Nabi Studios' website. Oh, and this one too.

One of the main selling points of Toribash is the freedom. Removing player-to-player transactions is simply ludicrous.

Boosters and TP/VIP profits are probably decent. Not to mention, they don't particularly break the economy either.
[23:23:53] <AndChat|700625> Blue eyes ultimate dragon best card
[23:24:29] <AndChat|700625> You know the one with 3 heads
[23:24:39] <~Lightningkid> just like my dick

[11:35:40] <box> Hampa suck
[11:36:21] <hampa> not the first to tell me that today
so you do agree that rather reasonable income right now is forum vip? what about people who don't use forums?

everyone need tc. nabi can sell it to make people happy. fair enough to me, unless you forgot that all customization have no ingame impact on your character.

let me rephrase it.

IF YOU WANT TO LOOK FANCY - DONATE

i'm pretty sure that this is really fair deal, considering you play like shit no matter if you use orc or demon focre.

logical enough?
Unless toribash goes super viral the donate to look good is an awful idea and even if it actually goes viral, it will cause "racism"
of sorts that you see against f2ps in games such as tf2.

And if you are actually making a donate to look good kinda thing,
at least allow free marketing for it to be something like:

Donate and get the permission to trade. ~something like that

--

I like your other ideas a lot and support them but applying Hitler to the trading system seems like a bad idea.
Last edited by Dinis; Dec 29, 2012 at 12:06 PM.
Well. Mostly i really didn't like this idea.

No free market is the most horrible idea ever.

Scoring system you would want in would only be good for some mods.
It wouldn't be good for some other mods.

"Player world"
Sounded good.

fuck
I honestly can't decide if you think that stuff's a good idea or if you're expecting Toribash 2 - because that sure as hell aint a version difference you're looking at, it's a whole other game.

Suppose I'll poke some words at it...

No free market? Wut? That goes against one of TB's main things - the majority of the active community lives around the market. If having a closed market was a good thing then it'd already be like that.

Control over mods. So you think stopping new players experiencing other game modes is a good thing... K... Lay off the crack pipe yo. Next ¬_¬

Player worlds. I see shaders are part of it. You are aware that at most players don't have hardware capable of running shaders right? The same could be applied to atmospheres - they can cause a pretty heavy hit on performance. You also wont find users willing to pay for things that have been free since they were added. If users want their own shaders or atmospheres they can make them, fuck charging them for it.

Graphical upgrades. See the above & also think about why the game has the graphical style it has. (hint - it's because hampa wants it to look like that)

Gameplay mechanics. Some of those aren't terrible, but a Gmod reference? *shudders* Sure TB's physics engine is pretty guff, but it's functional. Just imagine how horridly it'd run if something more advanced was added. TBH You'd do better having a separate suggestion thread for that stuff.

Servers... I read "the more skillfum mod is the more tc you earn" & seriously spat tea across my keyboard. Aside from the typo, care to explain that? I'll stop you before you try - it's subjective, you can't define a solid list of mods that require more skill because each person has their own idea of what applies.
I'm going to ignore everything in there relating to TC, because it's stupid. If there was a problem in that regard then it would've already been sorted.
Forced server filtering has been discussed, but for different reasons (new mods vs old clients). Generic filtering is already in 4.3 beta, so to be expected in future releases.

Friend system. We had one long long long ago. People didn't use it, it ended up removed. Then OFC people baawed. Might happen, might not.

There's already plans for clan rankings, though since clans have little purpose & it's low priority it'll be on the waiting list for a while. I did lol at the idea of farming ranks, which then made me lol at the idea of clans giving a fuck about their rank.

I'll finish with some words to the wise: Just because you see another game doing something doesn't mean it's the right thing to do for all games. 90% of your ideas are based around MMO/MOBA stuff, they're different genres with different player bases. Games are run on methods that are best for that game in particular. And oh yeah, box is right.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you