Toribash
Original Post
ToME: Tales of Maj'Eyal
What is tome? Tome is a game about dying, then trying again, and then dying again, everytime getting a little further than before. You have one life, you are your character.

Original game is avaliable for free on pc, linux and mac here.
It's also avaliable on steam
(There are some perks for donators/steam owners, but they are minor).
DLC:
Ashes of Urh'Rok shows you the world of the fearscape, a distant planet habited by Demons, that was ravaged and betrayed by the Sher'tul Godslayers. This adds a new race and 2 new classes to the original campaign, as well as new areas.
Embers of Rage is a separate campaign that takes you forward one year from the original campaign. After being hunted in Maj'eyal and fleeing to Var'eyal, the orcs faces the threat of extinction from both the humans of Sunwall and the Steam Giants. Master steam to power your steamguns and sawblades and save the orcs from extinction. This adds a new campaign to tome, 3 new races and classes.
Forbidden Cults - Forbidden knowledge, from a forgotten people. Learn about the Gods of Eyal and who the Sher'tul Godslayers were. This adds some new areas, 2 classes, 1 race, new horrors (yeah thanks DG), and most importantly, new lore!

Tome is a roguelike turn-based RPG set in the world of Eyal. You are an adventurer, seeking gold and glory as you slay enemies in your way and gain experience for the greater evils of the world.

There are three game modes, from explorer with infinite lives, adventure with limited lives and roguelike with one single life. Once you run out of lives, your character is permanently gone and you have to start over again.
On top of that, there are 5 difficulty settings that make the game tougher. 28 classes and 10 races in the original game, 35 and 16 with expansions. Each class has a unique and extensive set of talents, and most of them have a sort of individual quest.
There are also 2 unlockable 'campaigns' with a minor story and lots of fighting.
In other words, lots of replay value if you're dedicated enough, even though the game is more or less short. It's also pretty damn hard and might not be too beginner friendly. It's very addictive once you get into it though.

Pictures (warning: large)

And that's it, really. It's kind of a 'the less you know' game so i can only suggest trying it out and see if you like it
Last edited by Lazors; Jul 24, 2018 at 11:38 AM.
Brendan (he who passeth judgement on the frequent changing of signatures): I don't do hentai anymore
I dunno, it's not that hard if you can do a reasonable amount of thinking. I mean, sure, I died on my first character at level 1 because the game was mean and decided to spawn a level 5 unique mob practically right in front of me as soon as I started, but if I knew a little bit more about how to play when it happened, I could have easily beaten it. Heck, the first boss is level 7 and I tackled it at level 2 and beat it. Proper use of abilities and infusions should make you only risk dying if you go full stupid and let enemies surround you or you tramp around into an area with basic mob level >5 levels above you.

And I'm playing Normal difficulty on Roguelike or whatever the 1 life setting is called. Gilderlenny the Halfling Rogue ankle shanks who he pleases.
nyan :3
Youtube Channel i sometimes post videos of other games
Or if you don't bring lightning res into daikara which is what just happened to me ;_;
I suppose i'm just bad at the game. Never been much of a thinking/strategy person.
Brendan (he who passeth judgement on the frequent changing of signatures): I don't do hentai anymore
I dunno, I think part of it is just finding the good race/class pairings and abusing those until you figure out the systems better. Spent a couple minutes reading the race and class benefits, realized halfling rogue is pretty perfect alignment of starting stats, and just rolled with it.

Magic will always pose a greater challenge to a rogue because of minimal, if any, willpower, but I have the added benefit of being able to sneak and just 1 shot most mages. 3 hits from both of my dual wielded daggers at 80% damage each in 1 turn? That guaranteed crit? And apply on hit effects? And apply bleeding? And have a huge chance at causing stun? And have a good chance to cripple their willpower? Goooood byyyyyyyye squishies.
The biggest problems i encounter is being stupid with vaults and not getting my res high enough. I think i'm too early on daikara, apparently people wait until lvl 20 for that.
I did do this with a cornac berserker though. Don't question my choices.

Arguable class spoilers

RIP Gilderlenny, screwed over by RNGesus. Karl will take up your Halfling Rogue mantle.
Which area/level?
Karl is scrubbing it up in the whatsit thingy after trollmire.
You either mean kor'pul or trollmire 4. I've personally never had any trouble with bill.
Oh, bill is easy as shit. It's the exact same as the troll right before him except slightly more health. And I'm now only two levels below him instead of 5.

It's Kor'pul, though I'm now derping around on a Dwarf Berserker because stereotypes.