Toribash
Original Post
Toribash 2.6
Time for some updates.

Features:
- Game scripting support (aka Lua scripts)
- Toribash Tutorial (Written in Lua)
- Toribash Single player bots (access from Scripts Menu)
- Nicer True Type fonts
- Smartcam 2.0 (type /sc 1 to turn on) Can now rotate without disabling it.
- Game Rules menu with new options
- Mods menu
- Can customize each player separately (see bigvssmall mod)
- Added new joint mod commands: strength, velocity, range

Bugfixes:
- fixed /nick error message on GarageGames version
- Now can have spaces in replay names
- Editing after game is over is no longer allowed
- Unlimited number of replays in menu
- Chat window fixes
- altmeter display position fix
- fixed server freeze
- fixed /kick message bug
Originally Posted by DC_Twist View Post
I really don't like this one, demo user can't use mods anymore

Thats what makes me angry. Stop complaining. Developing games is Hampa's job, meaning he needs to makes a living off of it. You're lucky he doesn't put a 30-day trial on it. You have everything that you need to enjoy Toribash, you can play any time, and you can play infinitely. Stop bitching.
Wo0t! thats awsome Hampa it has so many bug fixes thank you! You are a god!

[Evil] is recruiting!

<DesiTwist> terty plays tb with the ghost turned off, uke turned off and uses that mouse with the ball in it
Still no Linux version
Originally Posted by ddaa View Post
Yay! I was just about to bitch/whine/moan/beg/threaten/take-kittens-hostage for the Linux version, so I'm glad to see Thou have not forgotten Us.

I'm starting now.

It has been 4 working days since the 2.6 release, and at least 3 days since the Mac version is available, but no Linux version yet. And I have been checking the Downloads page at least twice a day...

Any indication when the Linux version will be available? What is delaying the release?
Originally Posted by Capt_Zeroth View Post
Thats what makes me angry. Stop complaining. Developing games is Hampa's job, meaning he needs to makes a living off of it. You're lucky he doesn't put a 30-day trial on it. You have everything that you need to enjoy Toribash, you can play any time, and you can play infinitely. Stop bitching.

o.o i think im in love, :P not really but what you just said made me melt inside and i agree 100%
Wibbles is the best forum section ever!
Last edited by Hellfire999; Jul 11, 2007 at 10:26 PM.
Thanks for editing hellfire's post, ManBreakfast.
Last edited by cayal; Jul 9, 2007 at 06:48 AM.
<3 MBK :D
Originally Posted by hampa View Post
Linux version is now available.

Cool! It works, thanks.

It would have been nice to have some feedback _before_ it was released. Just something like "Sorry, porting the new TTF fonts is delaying the Linux version a bit. It should be out in about one week."
Originally Posted by ddaa View Post
Cool! It works, thanks.

It would have been nice to have some feedback _before_ it was released. Just something like "Sorry, porting the new TTF fonts is delaying the Linux version a bit. It should be out in about one week."

The amount of Linux and OSX users is small at best, hell for all we know there is like, 6 of you. Stop your bitching, hampa doesnt need to explain every single delay to you, thats a waste of him time when he would probably rather fix the problem asap. Besides, you have no idea how long it will take to fix X problem, and wether or not it will cause Y and Z to happen once you do.

Take a deep breath, and relax. Concider yourself lucky that there is even a OSX and Linux install, 90% of game developers dont give two hoots in hades about those "other" operating systems, since PC is the biggest, and therefor most profitable OS to develop for. Hampa takes the extra effort to get you the game, even if it is delayed, He isnt jesus, give him a break.