Ranking
Originally Posted by Skylarrr View Post
Nice images all round, but, the thing I'm curious to know is, where are the fish pictures?

New Zealand.
Originally Posted by Ezeth View Post
1st looks really good, has a good composition and interesting motive, seems like you got really lucky with the placement of the bird, right in front of the rainbow and breaking the line of the horizon as well! well done.
2nd picture is interesting because of the bird, but the picture in itself is not very good, you managed to keep the bird sharp which is nice, but the composition is not very good seeing as the bird is dead center in the image.
3rd picture is nothing special, I've seen a million of garden images and this is neither interesting or very well composited.
4th image is very well done, good composition, nice depth and colors (looks like its fixed in post)
5th image, again nothing special. Nice that you experiment with depth of field.
6th image would be waaaaay better if you didn't include the docks at the bottom left. Still nothing special.

as far as the panorama shots goes there are a lot of good images in there, you might find it easier to get even better images if you shoot at dawn/sunset.

For the bird I was mainly trying to get some motion blur on the background while still keeping it sharp, but the shutter was a bit too fast.
The garden one was me just trying out my new prime lens shooting with it wide open. Didn't really help for the photo I admit. I still liked the insect.
That flower was only cropped. No color enhancements done in post processing.

Originally Posted by hobo View Post
i love the one of just the flower
if the flower wasn't the only clear thing, can't think of the word, it would be perfect
also that bird one is photoshopped, rainbows aren't real 9/10 for effort

It's real. I know because it somehow ended up in a lot of my photos that day.

bow

Originally Posted by Buze View Post
I agree with Scorpio. The first two are just beautiful and so is the last one. Good job, keep them coming!

Okay here are some more potatoes.

Bee

Dusk

Wood Stack

Seal

Long Exposure

Argh absolutely beautiful.

I must make time for a trip myself down somewhere nice.

Brilliant photos Fish, stunning environment.
That place looks beautiful.

What are you doing inside on the computer
reading my comment? Go out and enjoy that
scenery more!

And that beach, fantastic! Is it a nude beach?
The past makes you wanna die out of regret, and future makes you depressed out of anxiety. So by elimination, the present is likely the happiest time.
Damn, you are so so so cool, man.
I'm not a big fan of macro but those landscapes and wood... Damn, I love you so much. :')
I wish I could one day visit these places. Absolutely

Абсолютли

Wow, didn't know you were in to photography! Now I'l have to make a thread myself too ;o

Nice depth and over all composition in all pictures, love how you captured the foreground as well as the background in most of the pics! There's good balance ^^

The bird and the rainbow was a real lucky shot, good job!
Added a few new photos to flickr since I last posted here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/469288...ream/lightbox/

Finally found a place with an okay view for a gigapixel. I've been meaning to do this for a while now.

http://www.gigapan.com/gigapans/167544

Photos: 93
Resolution: 68561x15976

I used hugin to stitch 5 strips and joined them together in photoshop.

It's not as tidy as I would have liked. Seems to be a lot of heat shimmers and a few areas are out of focus. Gonna wait for a clearer day and try again. This is about 1/3 of the view, so I'm hoping to at least double the size when I take my next panorama.

I took this photo while I was climbing the hill looking for a good view.

Gonna wait for a clearer day and try again. This is about 1/3 of the view, so I'm hoping to at least double the size when I take my next panorama.

jesus christ, that's insane and already looks awesome
The Door photo is absolutely amazing Fish.
Its perfect lighting on the house (house?) helps to the final result of the photo.
Good job Fish, make some more photos.
Modo Bestia
New potatoes. Wanted to do some car light trails for a while now, since I live closer to a busy road. Finally got around to it.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/469288...ream/lightbox/

road

lights

I also discovered how to trigger my flashgun with my camara's flash so I played with that a bit too.

cards

Last of all, here is a photo of my shoes: https://www.flickr.com/photos/469288...ream/lightbox/

I like those shoes.
i'm not a big fan of the long exposure, makes everything look blurry
has too much going on in it and nothing really lets my eyes rest in a certain spot
i do love the picture of the card thing, that was really cool
love the focus on it as well
don't talk to me or my dudes ever again