Ranking
Original Post
[Over] Pokémon Showdown tournament! (WIN 100K)

Good time of the day, reader of this sentence.

[Frost] and #showdown will be hosting a Pokémon Showdown tournament. A game often played by us deserves a little competition after all. Pokémon Showdown is an online Pokémon battle simulator in which you can build Pokémon teams to try out against other people's teams. Pokémon are categorized in tiers, because some Pokémon and items are too overpowered for reasonable play. The tier we will be using is the OverUsed (OU) tier. Make sure you have one or more valid teams for this tier in advance. Here's how this whole thing is going to work.

The first thing to do is to sign up for this tournament, of course. To do this, you only have to post your Showdown tag and GMT in this thread, while clearly stating you are willing to participate. Your Showdown tag can be found in the top-right corner, and is the name you used to sign in to Showdown. I will put your name in the list below.

Because the amount of people who showed up is already far bigger than I anticipated, (thanks guys) I'll limit the amount of spots to 32. Anyone who signs up after that is out. A random number generator will decide who advances one round if we end up with less than 32 people. We will still be playing using a double-elimination bracket, so you have to lose twice to be out.

Registration was closed September 26. 30 people ended up signing up.

List of participants code:
Name            Tag                       GMT

Bodhisattva - ??? - GMT-5
Pidda - Snowmanan - GMT+5
Gargon - Garbl - GMT+2
Grohenbird - Frozenbirdo - Too poor for a GMT
sans - hello i am vegan - GMT-4
Kazu - theee - GMT+2
FleshMon - BandoStone - GMT+2
iTemp - Shockey911 - GMT-4
Fear - xX_RANDYORTON_Xx - GMT+1
Icky - Ikua - GMT+12
Moop - NotMoop - GMT+1
PKRitz - PKRitz - GMT-8
DaNewNinja - DaNewNinja - GMT-4
wetness - cjslick - GMT-4
Snook - SenpaiSnook - GMT 0
Kido - Porolicious - GMT-5
Coine - papaj0hns - GMT-2
BquadZ7550 - BquadZ7550 - GMT-8
Abn0rmall - anti feminist - GMT-america
Draigoon12 - Draigorados - GMT+7
cocacobra - cocacobra - GMT-4
NukeTech - NukeTech - GMT-6
Lust - Ikech - GMT+8
FreshKek - Pokemon Inbred Breeder - GMT-5
TyZi - Dahlliance - GMT-4
PixelateTori - PixelateBattle - GMT-4
Grim - GGrim - GMT-8
N3WB - Scrubb - GMT+1
ZENBOY123 - ZenRim - GMT+8
desu - shadowgetsu - GMT+10

Total number: 30

This is the Bracket! Check who you've got to face right here.

Lastly, if you are interested in pokémon showdown, you should make sure to check out #showdown. There is a good chance you will be able to find someone willing to discuss or partake in Pokémon Showdown in this IRC channel, and it is a great place to hang out with neat people who share the same passion for Pokémon. Come say hi!

Rule number one is to stay cool. Enjoy the game. Have fun.

Secondly, all your teams have to be verified OverUsed (OU) teams. You can check if your team is valid through Showdown.

You may use a different team whenever you like, as long as they are all verified OU teams.

You will play Best of Three. The winner, which is the person with two or more wins, advances. After playing the matches, you must post the replays to verify your victory.

Finish your matches within the given time. It's up to you to do so. If the opponent is unresponsive, tell me. I'll pm them and if they don't respond, they get disqualified.

Failure to comply with those rules may result in disqualification. If you have questions, ask them in the thread or via pm.

Shout-out to those who made this event possible. They are the very best.

Gargon donated 50k. he's a cool dude. Seriously, with this donation I was able to turn this event big. Thanks so much.
UPDATE: He gave another 75k what the heck, thanks lol.

Fear gave 20k. I love this guy. He also founded #showdown and helped me out greatly with this event. Thanks.

Pidda made the beautiful banners. Cheers, mate. Comic Sans in its full nostalgic glory.

FleshMon sent a Velvet Ghost and 1k. Fantastic! Winner will now also get a ghost that has the color of a Gengar so that's sweet.

PixelateTori threw in Acid Blood, Acid Ghost and Acid Emote! I personally like this color and you should too, because you can totally win it now!

Want to contribute? feel free to send stuff / suggestions to me, Slau.

About the prizes. First place will receive a whopping 100k tc and also a Velvet Ghost, Acid Blood and Acid Emote! holy shit???
Runner-up gets 49k and Acid Ghost, which is still pretty swell.

Prizes are subject to donations, so the exact prizes may change. They won't ever decrease in value, however, don't worry.

Have any questions about this event, the OU tier or Pokémon Showdown in general? Feel free to ask either here, via pm or in #showdown.

I wish you all good luck and may the best pokeman win.
Last edited by Slau; Jan 15, 2017 at 08:31 PM.
Are you sure about the '1 team per opponent' rule? Might make things more interesting if both players can change teams between games
one time i had a hair deep in my urethra and when i pulled it out it felt kinda good ~fudgiebalz 2020

<~Skul> they're not children, they're demon midgets
<~Skul> if you kill one in front of the rest, they'll scatter and leave