ES Recruitment Drive
Originally Posted by Odlov View Post
Not selectively.
Denying entry to the country is not limiting his freedom of speech.

Uh, kicking people out if they speak ill of the gov't is pretty much as limiting of free speech as you can get.
Originally Posted by Gorman View Post
Uh, kicking people out if they speak ill of the gov't is pretty much as limiting of free speech as you can get.

Why are you still purposely misrepresenting the issue?
He wasn't even in to be kicked out. He's not even protected under American laws, because he is elsewhere. He can run his mouth all he wants in Britain, or on the web.
Tell me, if you're being interviewed for a job and you call your employer a douchebag, will you be surprised if you are denied the job? Will you demand justice and point to company policy about allowing free speech? No, you won't because it's fucking ridiculous.
Last edited by Odlov; Apr 6, 2011 at 05:13 AM.
Wow nice analogy there, totally the same thing.

> Why are you still purposely misrepresenting the issue?
It is a pretty nice analogy, yes.
The main difference is: the British kid didn't even apply for the job. He just mailed the employer and called him a douche.
It's more like this;

There is a public park and you say "the head gardener is a bit of a douche (which he totally is)" and then they send around the FBI and tell you that you are banned from visiting the park.

THE TRUTH MUST BE KEPT AWAY FROM THOSE INSIDE THE PARK, AT ALL COSTS (I bet this story was not publicized at all inside USA)
Originally Posted by Gorman View Post
There is a public park and you say "the head gardener is a bit of a douche (which he totally is)" and then they send around the FBI and tell you that you are banned from visiting the park.

If you were in some other park, and you sent the letter to the gardener personally - only then will this analogy represent the issue. And at that point I don't see much problem.

THE TRUTH MUST BE KEPT AWAY FROM THOSE INSIDE THE PARK, AT ALL COSTS (I bet this story was not publicized at all inside USA)

Are you serious? The letter wasn't addressed to the public - it was a confidential insult. We have people bashing Obama everywhere. We have a whole TV channel mobilized to bash him 24/7; it's called FOX news.

You should probably stop assuming you know enough about US environment while living in Australia.
Last edited by Odlov; Apr 6, 2011 at 05:41 AM.
Poor illusioned American not being able to see the truths of the world

I honestly pity you Odlov.

You remind me of Li Cunxin, he thinks China is so glorious (because his gov't says so) until he experiences the outside world. Ironicly he experiences USA which as it turns out is just as repressed and controlled as China, and definitely more illusioned!
Insult me il just beat u up..in sult my cat u'll eat my foot...insult islam...il decapitate you in toribash..then ill claw u to death

click here