Toribash
Original Post
2v2 | 4 player toribash | more than two players
PLay with more people, battle of teams...

Originally Posted by Pikadex
Just a quick idea that one of my friends made: simultaneous battles.
It would involve multiple small squares/circles/dojos as "mats", spread apart, where in each one, two players would go up against one another. If you are to land outside of the area you were placed in (including another mat) you would be eliminated. It could also function as a ladder; the victorious players would move on to the "next round", where it would continue up until there are two left, where they could fight to the death.

Another idea that I made, derived by the extra people battling at once, is team battles. Team battles, as you'd expect, involves 4+ players, equal amounts on each team, pitting against one another. Once all players on a single team are eliminated, or the time runs out, the team with the remaining players (or more points) would be victorious.

One final idea I have is "multi-battles". It involves 3 - 4 players, all against one another. This one could lead up to great chaos, and, other than the extra players, it would function as a normal battle. It could also be used together with the idea of simultaneous battles and/or team battles.

Originally Posted by Blam View Post
Been suggested many times, and was actually possible for a while, it however proved really buggy and slow.

Maybe eventually we'll see it but most not some time soon.

Originally Posted by SkulFuk View Post
^ That...

...or as hampa said on the live steam - it wasn't fun.

Last edited by Lazors; May 6, 2014 at 07:13 AM.
It could work, if you made the rooms like where it takes all your items away to lower this "Data" That you all speak of, Supported Would be awesome
Toribash? completed it mate

Hello am qmkp
and i have 1 idea please if you want to this be real in toribash tell every one in toribash
the idea is 1 server having 4 or 3 or 5 players fight in the same time
(sorry if am not good at english) i mean 2 vs 2 or 4 vs 4
its not a new mod its a thing when you wanna create a new room
you chose how much players you want to fight in the game because always we see just tori and uke why we dont add a 3 tori or 4 tori in the same server
and they all can fight in the same time(this idea was for xspar.tbm mod)
and if this happen we can do a parkour with 3 or 2 more players please if you want that to happen support this post your bro qMKp all love toribash
and toribash is the best <3 game

OF YOU WANNA SUPPORT THIS IDEA AND YOU WANT IT IN THE CLOSEST UPDATE SHARE IT AND LEAVE A COMMENT
Last edited by Gloomy; Jun 18, 2016 at 03:51 AM.
I don't recall seeing this recently, but the mod was buggy years ago. Not too far back, but back when technology was not as advanced now. There is 36 pages on this thread which also spans years.

I think it should be implemented and the players should decide if it is fun or not. If it is buggy, then we know it can't be done. If the mod is not buggy then a fair share of people will have fun playing it.

As far as I can see, there is no real loss here.
A hasbeen like the rest
Hi guys, I'm here to put this thread to bed. As 'the guy' who officially monitors suggestions and then pushes them to the devs for new builds, you can consider this the absolute final answer to the topic at hand.

Short version: For all intents and purposes, this will never be a feature that makes it into Toribash as we know it.

Long version: It has been tried and tested (some of you may see screenshots and the like of that time) and playtesting ruled that 2v2 was a) not very fun and b) made physics wonky, namely things were a lot slower than they were supposed to be. It would currently be a lot easier to create a new engine that supports 32 vs. 32 players than to force 2 vs. 2 into an engine that's ~10 years old and the product of a one man development team. It's not feasible. To reiterate: this has nothing to do with hardware, more the limitations of the game engine itself.

And so we're done. Any other suggestions that are of the nature of increasing player count should be closed & shown this post because unless we start working on Toribash 2 (full disclosure: we're not) you wont be seeing an engine overhaul any time in the near future. As long as I'm around and doing this sort of thing I'll be the first to let you know, though.
collect snots from the nose