ES Recruitment Drive
One little thing though; when I was playing the game, of course a lot of lasers were to be heard, making the music almost unhearable

Maybe make the music a little louder/the sounds a little softer? Because the music makes the difference between a good game and an awesome game :3

Oh and Durpzilla should totally make a cameo XD
Last edited by Chartle; Jun 28, 2010 at 03:00 AM.
[o]|ORMO|Replay thread!
Last edited by Chartle; Tomorrow at 13:37 AM..
With the new demo, it's pretty much impossible to win against the boss .
Leader of ORMO||Property of [T]||A replay thread
Originally Posted by Splinter View Post
With the new demo, it's pretty much impossible to win against the boss .

It was pretty easy to figure out. I killed the boss on my second go. Highlight to see how I did it.

Try alternating between left and right fast and you'll notice that the little rounds he shoots will miss. This is because he aims left when you press left and aims right when you press right. Only problem left are the big rounds that comes out every so often. There's kind of a rhythm to it, just figure out the rhythm and timing and you can anticipate when it's gonna come out. That's when you hold left/right so you get out of the way since the big rounds only go straight forward. Obviously, you're gonna have to take some hits from the smaller rounds.
Last edited by DeeJayy741; Jun 28, 2010 at 11:20 AM.
Aye, the boss is surprisingly easy if you know how to beat it, but otherwise it's dreadfully hard. :U

@DeeJayy: Nice job. Took me more than two tries to get the better of it. >.>

@LexxRk: Just you wait till difficulties get implemented. ;o

@Chartle: Hmm, i see what you mean. The lasers and explosions completely drown the music at times, which is a shame when it is so good. Thanks for pointing it out.
Also, how the heck am i supposed to fit a giant lizard into this game? =P

@sidieldani: Like Deejayy said. It's the only way as far as i know, because you can't outrun the lasers, you can't go behind the boss and you most certainly can't stand still and take it down before you die. I think this is how the boss will be in the final version as well, because it's only the first boss. Maybe it'll be a tad tougher, because right now you're not really equipped to deal with a foe like that.

@Infern0o: Oh, that'd be a slip on my part. It also explains how Splinter might have gotten such a score, but then again, he might just have played really really well as well. :U (i can't get much more than 7600 myself without dying)
I've fixed this now though, by having two different scores; level score and total score, as seen here:

Dying subtracts the level score from the total score and resets it, so it's like you never played the level to begin with. Still need to tweak the position a little. :U

@Blam: Ah, i see. It might be true, but unfortunately, making it happen will require me to move every single enemy backwards in relation to each other, which will take a monumental amount of time. :c
HOWEVER, when i finish the game, i might make a turbo edition that runs at twice the speed. Just for lulz.

Current progress:
- Tweaked sound volumes so they don't drown out the music
- Added separate level score and thus fixed death-for-more-points bug
- Begun working on level 3
- May make proper end-level screen
<Blam|Homework> oiubt veubg
various places to find me lol
Everything except music and sounds is made by me (programming in Game Maker 8), yes. So far, it has taken 4-5 days (sleep included), but i reckon it will take at least another day for every missing level, so in the end it'll probably end up taking around a month.
<Blam|Homework> oiubt veubg
various places to find me lol
I tried getting Game Maker 8 too but it seems I can't upgrade from 7 to 8, so I'll have to buy it again
[o]|ORMO|Replay thread!
Last edited by Chartle; Tomorrow at 13:37 AM..