Ranking
Omg yes.
Mac miller.
Kid Cuddi.
Jay-Z.
Life is not fair, but life is not fair for everyone... which actually makes it fair.
Originally Posted by Numbers View Post
Lil B is pretty good too.

Lol Lil B.

As of present, I think Kendrick Lamar is at the top of the list (my list at least). Overall nice flow, great lyricist. Hes a true poet at heart. Though I must admit he takes a while to get warmed up to. When I first heard Section.80 (His most recent album I believe) I didn't really like him, but after a few playthroughs I was hooked. Listen to Keisha's Song. Also, he kills the beginning of the Black Lip Bastard remix.

Kanye West is somewhere near the top of my list. Pretty good lyrics, and nice flow. While he doesn't always deliver exceptional bars and songs every single time, he's always consistent in the sense that he doesn't have a verse that I know of that can be considered below average. On top of that he's an awesome producer. Way Too Cold (Theraflu) is one of his recently released singles.

Childish Gambino is another good rapper who is underrated. Freaks and Geeks is cool but I like his remix of Kanye's All of the Lights named 'Break.'His flow is kinda weird to me but his word play more than makes up for it. He has a sort of geeky swag to him that makes him different from other, more thuggish, rappers and has pretty good beats and samples on a lot of his tracks.

Tyler the Creator is decent as well. 'She' is a pretty nice song of his (Frank Ocean raps first, then its Tyler). His flow isn't anything special, but you cannot say this kid doesn't have lyrics. His word play is pretty sick. Him and Earl Sweatshirt. While their lyrics a lot of times consist of nonsense (As seen below) their play on words are definitely above average.

Originally Posted by Earl Sweatshirt from the song 'EARL'
Yo, I'm a hot and bothered astronaut crashing while
Jacking off to buffering vids of Asher Roth eating apple sauce

Listen to EARL here.

Sidenote:
Drake isn't on my list but his moody songs, to me at least, are fucking awesome. Songs like 'The Resistance,' 'Club Paradise,' 'Free Spirit,' practically every song on his album 'Take Care' other than 'Lord Knows.' Those songs are so chill, and laid-back. I wish he would make more songs like that tbh.

Wow didn't think I could write so much on rappers...
"Fear not the Tori who has practiced 10,000 openers once, but fear the Tori who has practiced one opener 10,000 times."
Meh,kids these days...

Hopsin,Tech n9ne,wu tang clan,tupac,nwa,eminem.
Those are the best.
Little keyboard warrior
Originally Posted by akip View Post
Debating between Based God, Moe Dolla$z, Lt. Phr3$h and Mute Spittah.

GET OUT.
Snipin' is a good job, mate!
I like Childish Gambino, Wu Tang, The Pharcyde, NWA, A Tribe Called Quest, Busta Rhymes, and the such. My absolute favourite? Lil B.
Eminem, drake, wiz khalifa, Chris brown!! they are awesome
Master of the arcane arts
well this is the plebbest thread i've ever seen

Originally Posted by DaNooB23 View Post
Lol Lil B.

As of present, I think Kendrick Lamar is at the top of the list (my list at least). Overall nice flow, great lyricist. Hes a true poet at heart. Though I must admit he takes a while to get warmed up to. When I first heard Section.80 (His most recent album I believe) I didn't really like him, but after a few playthroughs I was hooked. Listen to Keisha's Song. Also, he kills the beginning of the Black Lip Bastard remix.

i've found kendrick to be very boring
good lyrics but it's not very fun to listen to

that being said, he's amazing on this track
Last edited by vespesi3n; May 21, 2012 at 02:56 PM.
Mosier: tl;dr gay clothing thoughts