ES Recruitment Drive
Allow me to drop some classy rappers on you simpletons. Also, this is a decent list you should all go by. Excuse some of the biasness to my specific taste. These are in no specific order (except by the tiers).

God Tier
Danny Brown
Tyler, the Creator
Nas
Serengeti
Busdriver
Deltron 3030
A Tribe Called Quest
Pharrell
Tupac Shakur
Biggie Smalls
Kendrick Lamar
Mos Def
MF DOOM

Average Tier
Common
ASAP Rocky
Kanye West
The rest of OFWGKTA
Pusha T
Jay-Z
Schoolboy Q

'Meh' Tier
Lil Wayne
Kreayshawn
Lil B
Chiddy Bang
Das Racist
Rockie Fresh
Wiz Khalifa
Wale

God Tier - The definition of rap music. The past, present, and future best in the industry, and the future of the genre whether you like it or not. You should have at least one album or mixtape from any of these artists.

Average Tier - Pretty good, normal stuff to listen to, decent lyrical content and they each have a unique style.

'Meh' Tier - You can listen to them for pure entertainment. They aren't very awful rappers, but they do not deserve to be put any where near the God Tier artists. (No, I did not make a mistake, Lil Wayne is not all that. The only reason he is even on this list is because of his previous stuff with Da Drought and the first Carter. Most everything else after Carter II is mostly trash).

List could probably go on, but this is basically off the top of my head.
Bah, lonely island?
Nah seriously tho, Eminem? Yeah he made it as a white rapper and that is a really nice achivement, though here comes the bad part: he has nothing to say in most of his raps.
I mean, the real shady, check the text.. He just comes up with whatever, just as it rhymes.

Now here's the good list
Dre
Pac
Nwa
Dogg pound
Wu tang
Big
Nate
Snoop, but way back in juice and gin, now hes coming up with really lame stuff.
Lady of Rage

K im Done.
Last edited by Lazors; Jun 21, 2012 at 03:13 AM.
Brendan (he who passeth judgement on the frequent changing of signatures): I don't do hentai anymore

Mwah.

The only person I have even heard of in the "good tier" is Tupac.
And honestly Lil' Wayne is better than Tupac anyday.
Life is not fair, but life is not fair for everyone... which actually makes it fair.
Originally Posted by DarkAmaris View Post
And honestly Lil' Wayne is better than Tupac anyday.

A Semi-Legitimate List:

Big Pun
Cise Star
Rakim
Wu Tang Clan
Nas
Eminem
Big L
The Roots
Originally Posted by Mwah View Post
God Tier - The definition of rap music. The past, present, and future best in the industry, and the future of the genre whether you like it or not. You should have at least one album or mixtape from any of these artists.

Ok, seriously? Tyler the Creator is in the god tier and Eminem isn't? Sorry but this list, although mostly accurate, is based on opinion not actual "influence" of "definition of rap music". Also kreayshawn needs her own "shit tier". You know she only does music to make fun of hip hop and make money.
> implying I have a signature
Wale
(old) Eminem
Wiz Khalifa
Busta Rhymes
Lil wayne
Pharrel
Drake
Chris brown
waka flocka
Tech n9ne
three six mafia

Listed off the top of my head.
Originally Posted by Stellar View Post
But for this generations rap I'll go with Mac Miller
He's so smooth and his lyrics have meaning.

Someone... please kill me... now.

Pffft Mac Miller sucks.

No metaphorical use, all literal, requires no skill.

Yeah, rapping about booze and pot is so meaningful.
Lupe fiasco. The only rapper who doesn't rap about money and bitches.
well , isnt it pointless to ask about that ?,becouse italy* guys can't listen to german* rap ,etc.
the best ''english'' rapper is in my opinion eminem , but i listen to Koolsavas , and alot from the vbt <-- german rap btw ...