Modest Mouse
Vampire Weekend
The Strokes
Arcade Fire
TV On The Radio
The Black Keys

To name a few.
add to that pavement,they were the best at indie rock
oh yeh,quarantine the past is a good start,although it was a compilation,still feels like an album more than a compliation of "great songs".
Listen to shady lane,cut your hair,golden soundz,summer babe(songs...)

liking anything?
Last edited by William; Jun 9, 2012 at 05:19 PM.
Your messed up world enthrills me
Originally Posted by Jim View Post
http://rateyourmusic.com/customchart...one&countries=

All of that. RYM's usually a good judge of what's crap and not.

Well,I don't know,you're missing out on lots of stuff if you're going to do that.Views are most of the time subjective,you might like an album of a genre so much not for it's musical innovation or "omg it's genius" but because you like that genre in specific.Although,I usually search for albums on sputnik music,and download from there.It's a pretty good site with album reviews etc...There rating is completely subjective:1-because you don't know why the attribute that much points for example for music production,innovation etc..
2-they're a completely different person as said before,so views are different.
You can just use this site to hmm take an idea of how the album sounds like,as well as share your thoughts after listening to the album.
Originally Posted by William View Post
Well,I don't know,you're missing out on lots of stuff if you're going to do that.Views are most of the time subjective,you might like an album of a genre so much not for it's musical innovation or "omg it's genius" but because you like that genre in specific.Although,I usually search for albums on sputnik music,and download from there.It's a pretty good site with album reviews etc...There rating is completely subjective:1-because you don't know why the attribute that much points for example for music production,innovation etc..
2-they're a completely different person as said before,so views are different.
You can just use this site to hmm take an idea of how the album sounds like,as well as share your thoughts after listening to the album.

... Um, of course it's all subjective. So's everybody else's recommendations in this thread. What's your point?
... Um, of course it's all subjective. So's everybody else's recommendations in this thread. What's your point?

that music is not crap if some people don't rate it ;)
we are actually recommending,not judging music over here...
that music is not crap if some people don't rate it ;)
we are actually recommending,not judging music over here...

Of course I'm going to judge an album before I recommend it to someone. If I think it's shit, then I'm not going to recommend it to someone. I don't know if you're foreign and can't understand this/you're using the wrong words, or just 12. Recommending something implies that you have listened to it yourself and judged it as good. Recommending prerequires judging.

I've listened to every artist in that top thirty there, and save for Elliot Smith and Unwound, I like them all. I linked him to RYM because that's what I use to find new music that I might like. I'm recommending him the music I like. So what's your problem?
Of course I'm going to judge an album before I recommend it to someone. If I think it's shit, then I'm not going to recommend it to someone. I don't know if you're foreign and can't understand this/you're using the wrong words, or just 12. Recommending something implies that you have listened to it yourself and judged it as good. Recommending prerequires judging.

I've listened to every artist in that top thirty there, and save for Elliot Smith and Unwound, I like them all. I linked him to RYM because that's what I use to find new music that I might like. I'm recommending him the music I like. So what's your problem?

I know that it does.Sure you have to like something before recommending it,but that wasn't my point.My point was that in your first post you said that "this will be a good indicator of what is crap or not"...and what I wanted to say is that people judging it doesn't determine that,there is a likeliness that someone will like all of them,or hate them all...still you can't give an objective term such as "crap or not" to music.Also,wasting your energy trying to insult me and not liking elliot smith is another crime.(well the elliot smith one is more severe anyway...)
My point was that in your first post you said that "this will be a good indicator of what is crap or not"...and what I wanted to say is that people judging it doesn't determine that,there is a likeliness that someone will like all of them,or hate them all...still you can't give an objective term such as "crap or not" to music

I'm not trying to be objective. Seeing as this is a recommendation thread, and recommendations are obviously subjective (given that they presuppose judgement), I thought that it went without saying that I was giving my opinion and not stating a fact.

But pedants will pedant. Whatever.