Ranking
Original Post
You do realize that its unfair for beginners and unfair for those who have high belts. You dont keep your prestige from call of duty but you keep the SKILL that you developed from the previous games. You are using the same character and same inventory from the previous game which is something call of duty DOES NOT do so i dont even know why you chose that game, it has a sequel every year. There are games for example mass effect, where you keep everything from the previous game including your exp. Toribash just isnt the type of game that people are going to want to spend years grinding on to get their qi back after they already have gotten that qi but it was deleted. Its just a terrible idea that only benefits those who wish they played toribash earlier.
oh is this where i put my signature?
Originally Posted by Tempest View Post
You do realize that its unfair for beginners and unfair for those who have high belts. You dont keep your prestige from call of duty but you keep the SKILL that you developed from the previous games. You are using the same character and same inventory from the previous game which is something call of duty DOES NOT do so i dont even know why you chose that game, it has a sequel every year. There are games for example mass effect, where you keep everything from the previous game including your exp. Toribash just isnt the type of game that people are going to want to spend years grinding on to get their qi back after they already have gotten that qi but it was deleted. Its just a terrible idea that only benefits those who wish they played toribash earlier.

I picked Call of Duty because it's extremely multiplayer based unlike Mass Effect, whenever I hear people talk about the game it's always about the campaign.

Not bothered writing again because clearly you aren't looking at what I'm saying but I'm gonna make it simple one last time.

Two games. Classic Toribash & Toribash Next. Two differen't games. Your QI in Classic Toribash won't be deleted it'll stay the same as it is but there is a high chance it probably won't be transferred to Toribash Next because they are different games.
two games that use the exact same character.... riiiiiigggghhhht, they might be two different games but you cant ignore that toribash next is more of a sequel like mass effect that call of duty with what we have heard about the currency and inventory. Clearly you arent thinking of the problems and are only focusing on what you want because if everyones qi reset then every new player would be constantly farmed for qi and tc by people either pissed off because things reset or by those that want to farm new players because its fun.
Lol why would I want my QI to be removed? I'd rather keep it but if you think logically you'd just understand that there is a high chance of your QI getting transferred to Toribash Next.

Regarding the currency and inventory clearly you didn't read the Q&A properly you will only be able to use Toricredits in Toribash and Tori Coins in Toribash Next. The currency will be separate and you also won't be able to use your current items in Toribash Next.

Originally Posted by hampa View Post
Q: Will my Toricredits become obsolete?
A: No, you will be able to use both the Toricredits you got from Toribash and the new Tori Coins in Toribash Next.

Q: Will I be able to use all my current items in Toribash Next?
A: No, but some items would work in both games. Complete list of items will be announced in future.

Last time I'll be responding to you since you're not reading what I am saying.

NEW GAME, NEW CURRENCY, 0 QI, WHITE BELT FOR ALL OF US.
you just ignored the fact that we are using the same accounts and the tc is NOT obsolete so it still could be used. how about you quote both sides instead of just your own ;)
I think we need to take a step back here and realize that Toribash is a game with a very steep learning curve, and call of duty is.... Not. Yes, new players will learn, but perhaps they'll learn very slowly, or maybe they get so tired of losing all the time that they stop playing the game and move onto something more enjoyable. My opinion is that hampa should keep the qi rate, or implement a system that asks if you want to reset your qi. If yes, the system can erase the qi, give itself a line of code to say something like "this player is banned from servers x,y,z, and so on.(basically all beginner and intermediate servers) that way, no farming can happen, and it's an option to reset all qi.
When making decisions like whether or not to keep the same amount of qi from Toribash in TBnext, I believe new players should be the main focus. For them I suppose it would be best that the qi will be transferred over, to prevent them from being completely dominated by the older, more experienced players, which in turn would reduce player retention.

However, I myself would however be thrilled to start anew in TBnext. Then again, I haven't been grinding/buying qi or whatever at all. You could perhaps make it so that official servers would be implemented later, making the game kind of like a free for all in the beginning, this way you can try to mitigate these skill level issues between newer and older players.

I think it's a shame that the TBnext currency was based on the tc that was being owned by users at some point, rather than their qi. I think paying out TBnext currency based on qi would have been a better and more accurate reward for longlasting, dedicated members of the community than paying it out based on owned tc. Oh well.

I would also like to add that I'm really really hoping for and looking forward to any new and innovative gameplay mechanics being added to TBnext. I think that's more important for the players to come and stay than qi being transferred over or not. Teasers would be appreciated!
Last edited by Slau; Nov 27, 2017 at 07:00 PM. Reason: paraphrasing, i wrote this in a hurry originally
Move saving script should be integrated as a default tool/function in the new game.
Leader of the Spyder House
Toribash Martial Artists