Ranking
Original Post
hi i have scoliosis and need advice
so i went for an appointment with my doctor cause i was having extreme back pain. after about 30 minutes just talking about the issue he did a few exercises and realised it may be a spinal issue, so being the good doctor he is, he referred me to a radiologist. I went for 3 xrays and it turns out my spine looks like a caterpillar mis way through a crawl.

tl;dr got scoliosis

just asking (before i go for physio) any ideas on way i should sit/lay down?

ps i have to do physio with someone named adele
[sigpic][/sigpic]
I've heard sleeping belly down is bad and sitting at the computer with legs crossed as well
There are core exercises you can probably look up to strengthen your back and make it hurt less
Last edited by pusga; Aug 5, 2018 at 02:03 AM.
oh yeah
This is a completely correct way to sit at the computer. You could apply this to pretty much anything, like doing homework, eating, etc. It becomes really uncomfortable in less than 20 minutes and it definitely takes a looooot of time to get used to, but with your condition you don't really have a choice.

Last edited by Smaguris; Aug 4, 2018 at 11:24 PM.
I have scoliosis too, and far as I know all you can do is stretch your back. Like grab something and hold on so your body is off the ground. It allows you to release some pressure on vertebraes and prevent pain daily. You still get the back aches, but far as laying, it depends on where the scoliosis is and how it is. Would have to ask your doc.
What every one said (larfen is spot on) + exercise. Nothing more important than posture and exercise.

I'm 6,5 tall. Always had scoliosis. Strengthening my back muscles was the only way to fix the pain.

If you are experiencing lower back pain. Start doing this every day.
[ORMO] [OLDA] [The Team] [The JHX Experience]
Good day Dr. Freud
Sit on one of thise excercise balls or yoga balls in exchange of a chair, it fixes your posture and may help with disalligned spines

SOMTHING NEW SOMETHING NEW

I have a lil bit... went to my doctors the other for a phsical and boom, ima die. jk but i do have a little.
@Smaguris, well, time for me to invest in a new desk. And lowering my screen i use for gaming.

@pusga @largeKilla @ MrMiyagy @Sunther thanks so much for the tips. I’ll ask my physio person about more things and also way on how to relieve stress on my vertabra and get the curve fixed. Your input is very much appreciated
[sigpic][/sigpic]