Prize: 500 TC
Knockout interval: 10 minutes
Tourney7
mod: lenshu3ng.tbm
Tourney8
mod: judo.tbm
Tourney9
mod: boxshu_mushu_v3.tbm

You can have influence on what mods are played by sending me propositions, list of at least three mods you'd like to see on tourneys.

Last edited by Scorpio; Feb 26, 2015 at 11:30 AM.
A hasbeen like the rest
Lemme ask a Question
All tourney Game and anything has been changed
But.. How about the forum?
nah forum is k it will take way more time to change it and being able to get used to it
although color is always an option
I'm a wordsmith cursed with verses and the worst shit.
A vile winged wicked bird who no one lurks with.

Lacks ninjutsu.
Please bring back the ninjutsutourney.
"Yes, I am, in fact, inferior to McDill"
-B3st3v3r
Lol, originally the tourneys were to be changed once a week, but I will bump the change up to 2-3 times a week. This will allow for a greater amount of mods to be played, and will hopefully help solve the issue of peoples favorite mods not being played.
A hasbeen like the rest
Do you know what will solve the problem.

Changing it back to how it was before.
|Obey|
Turning over a new leaf!
It has been less than a week. You have not even gave the new servers a chance. Play a bit, and wait a week. If you still don't like it then. Explain why, and don't just say because the lack of mods, give a legitimate answer.
A hasbeen like the rest
changing it once or less than once per week seems like the best option, as it allows enough time for players to become familiar with the mod, even if they've never played it before

pandering to people who only want to play their "favorite mod" is counterproductive to the growth of the community, as these are the people who are least likely to stick around. i think the difference between someone who plays for 5 months and someone who plays for 5 years is knowledge of the game. if someone wants to play a particular mod with friends, they can make a room or join a public room. if they want to play it competitively, they can duel.

changing the tournament mod less often will encourage people to continue playing toribash for longer because, in my experience, the more you know about a game, the more likely you are to keep playing it. tournaments are the ideal environment for learning because there is a high reward for winning and no cost for losing.

while changing the mod every 2-3 days will expose people to more mods, it does not allow them to learn very much about them. public and qi-restricted public servers are good for exposing people to mods and allowing people to play their "favorite mod"; tournaments are much more valuable as a learning tool.
Originally Posted by Laser View Post
The mods will be changing routinely, including Mushu. (Boxshu mushu this weekend)

I too have noticed that there are almost never 5 people in the 12k tourneys, because not enough people have the QI. Something should be done about that.

Are you serious? Literately all the time there is players in it, I was playing on and off from 4pm and every time there was 5 - 10 players in it all having a great time.

The 25 min cool down seems very very fair. I don't even think it would be that bad if it was increased, I think people who complain about this are those who go out on there first game every time, but if you are getting far each time and winning frequently them 25mins is nothing. You can also think of it this way, since 12k is a better prize than most GM tourneys a 25 min cool down is nothing.
Last edited by FistofLife; Oct 25, 2014 at 12:43 AM.
Originally Posted by HiPower View Post
changing it once or less than once per week seems like the best option, as it allows enough time for players to become familiar with the mod, even if they've never played it before

pandering to people who only want to play their "favorite mod" is counterproductive to the growth of the community, as these are the people who are least likely to stick around. i think the difference between someone who plays for 5 months and someone who plays for 5 years is knowledge of the game. if someone wants to play a particular mod with friends, they can make a room or join a public room. if they want to play it competitively, they can duel.

changing the tournament mod less often will encourage people to continue playing toribash for longer because, in my experience, the more you know about a game, the more likely you are to keep playing it. tournaments are the ideal environment for learning because there is a high reward for winning and no cost for losing.

while changing the mod every 2-3 days will expose people to more mods, it does not allow them to learn very much about them. public and qi-restricted public servers are good for exposing people to mods and allowing people to play their "favorite mod"; tournaments are much more valuable as a learning tool.

Although your statement is true, we are changing the mod routinely to keep it more interesting. The goal is not to allow players to learn a mod, but pose a challenge. We want each and every match to be a challenge. This will also allow players to play a variety of different mods. Popular mods will be played, and not so popular mods will be played. I personally believe a mod every 2-3 days is not a bad deal. It offers the perfect amount of time to grasp the concept of a mod, while still having fun playing it.

Also, we have noticed that there has been a fair amount of people using the tournament glitch to get the tc faster. All participating parties caught doing this, will be banned for exploiting in-game glitches. This ban can range from 1 day to a perma depending on the severity. I expect anyone that sees this happening to snap a screenshot of the whole convo and send me the evidence. I have edited the original post to state the same.
Last edited by dannyrug; Oct 25, 2014 at 01:48 AM.
A hasbeen like the rest
It seems I can't join tourney 4. it just gives me the annoying

NOT CONNECTED

deal.

EDIT: Ignore this, forsomereasonican'tdeletethis..
Last edited by avenue; Oct 25, 2014 at 02:05 AM.
funny blue smiling person
please to be enjoying lowkido
let's bring minibash back!