ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Move Help (Does this go here btw?)
Just joined the forum, so I have no idea if move help goes here, but I've been trying to make a move I've been playing through my head a while now.

Basically, I want to grab an opponent's head, either pull myself up or push them down, and smash my knee into their face.

It always messes up though, whether I twist, knee them in the chest, or do some other weird stuff that can only happen in Toribash.

I get the general idea of grabbing the head, and then lowering my shoulders, but aside from other obvious stuff like ab contractions and stuff, I'm kinda lost. Plz halp.
Hello there,

Discussion is a board for debate. Threads like this one should be posted in the Beginner Sanctuary. I moved it for you, be more careful and read the stickies next time!

Thanks.
It all depends on what the other person is doing. Try to predict what they will do and adapt your movements to that. It will also help to have some good grabs e.x.: one hand on the back of their head and one hand on their back. Also seeing as you're new you might want to learn more about the joints and how they function, playing around in freeplay then going into multiplayer rooms helps this.
Now for pushing them down/lifting them up. It's better to not have a grab on their head if you want to push down/lift up seeing as they have one free arm to balance them self with or to attack and disable you. On certain occasions it works e.x.: You can't grab anywhere else or you could force them to dq in one swift movement if you forced their head down.
(P.S. All this info is based off my aikido based mod experience.)
Last edited by Seth; May 17, 2016 at 10:44 PM.
The Future is Bulletproof
"How r people still in jail? Just make alts lol" -Wizard
Are you talking about Multiplayer or Singleplayer?
Chara: "Who knew people can have periods from their chests?"
in general single player or multiplayer the best way to accomplish what you want to do is just to get a better understanding of how to manipulate your tori.

chest lumbar abs and glutes will help you position your leg.
pecs shoulders and elbows (maybe wrists too but probably not) will bring the rest of your body towards your opponent.

where you are probably getting stuck is you can't execute the knee to the head because you simply don't know how to manipulate your tori. Get better try again look into learning how to relax joints and playing relaxed rather than held.
"I don't need a safety word because my mother didn't raise no quitter." ~BaraYaoi - BDSM Expert
with a facegrab it can be harder to knee it. the body as you have found gets in the way. you need a space to throw the knee through.
Honestly for multiplayer, at least for aikido and ABD, I would suggest you go for a simpler, more defensive starter, or maybe a snap kick/lift. Kneeing your opponent often ends up with your leg getting stuck and that can mean bad things. If you were to try and aim your knee lower though, say to go for a leg Dm, then it could be worth it.
you need a specific distance between your opponent and you, maybe you will fix it if you raised your arms then lowride it, but while lowrid-ing it try to rotate and extend the glute and twist in the right direction, good luck, just keep training
Proud member of Thief