ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Taekkyon style advice
Hey I took a break from Toribash for a few months and Erthtk/TK was my favourite mod. Coming back, I've noticed that my playing...Just...Doesn't feel as controlled. I looked back at my older replays (before my break) and noticed that a big problem of my "style" was that I don't have alot of control in my matches. I need help on how to get more control and generally not look like a drunk octopus with a rubber skeleton. Also, I'm having trouble finding a suitable opener for me. If any of you would be willing to share your openers to me I would be very grateful!

PS: I've added two replays which I feel roughly sum up my problem
Attached Files
Example 1.rpl (87.4 KB, 13 views)
Example 2.rpl (95.9 KB, 8 views)
Last edited by PhiSiKa; Jul 15, 2016 at 01:53 PM. Reason: added replay
I am certainly not the best in these mods at all, but from watching these replays, what stands out to me it how you contract your grabbed arm when going for those kicks.

It's more apparent in the first replay than the second, but I feel if you keep that elbow extended/held, then that arm DM in the first reply wouldn't have happened, and you would have a more powerful kick. It would also held a little with controlling your opponent in pulling him into the kick.

Let me know if this helped or you need more explanation. I'll continue to look at those replays to see what else I can give tips on.

(im)

Alright thanks for that short-tip, it does make alot of sense as erthtk has self damage on.
I hold all after every turn and focus on my balance a lot.
It's easier to create momentum when you have both your feet (or at least one) on the ground.