Toribash
Original Post
item question
What are exactly the bumpmap textures?

OPEN

Bumpmaps essentially give more depth to a texture, making the texture look more 3D instead of a flat image.
im p sure bumpmaps are sort of broken and dont work rn though. bit of a waste of tc
[sigpic][/sigpic]
Bumpmaps work just fine. they are only 128x128 though.

[Evil] is recruiting!

<DesiTwist> terty plays tb with the ghost turned off, uke turned off and uses that mouse with the ball in it
if someone have a set whit bumpmap textures, let me know, i want see the difference

OPEN

Nikosefs has a good one, he also made a pretty good tutorial here: http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=560526

Also Tertywerty is wearing one

Here is a good example of the difference it can make:
Hi
Rapid Threads Lmod.
Got any questions? Feel free to ask!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Basically bumpmap just adds "texture" stuff like lumps and bumps to make it look more 3 dimensional, and more realistic. It's good if you want textures to have some actual depth essentially. It's not that great for TB, but they can do well if you do it good.
Here is an example of my creepy Jim Carry's The mask head texture

Bumpmap off

Bumpmap on

[Evil] is recruiting!

<DesiTwist> terty plays tb with the ghost turned off, uke turned off and uses that mouse with the ball in it
If you’re looking for something to give your textures some more depth/3D look bumpmaps are the way to go. In any other case you’re better off with regular textures. They also only come in 128x128, which will hinder you if quality is your priority.
#sick
[a]dventure | [Panda] ¿¿¿
wow, thx for the help, i thought was a extra type of texture :V

OPEN