Toribash
Original Post
Skill Points
So everybody knows that Belt and Win Ratio do not tell you how good a player is. People with a high belt could sometimes just farm, and you get it just from PLAYING a match start to finish. Win Ratio does not mean anything because someone could be an alt, and with a friend, farm Belt AND win ratio at the same time.

So, I thought (And read some other post like Respect Points) about Skill Points.
These are rewarded at the end of a match, and only on the public servers, not player made servers. These would be rewarded to the winner only, and the amount would vary depending on how many D.Ms, points, and time there is.

Say somebody won in a public match in aikido, and got an arm D.M, and won in under 50 frames. The arm rip would be like 5 skill points, and winning that fast would give him like 3.

Now, this wouldn't work very will with certain mods, e.g mushu, so depending on the dismember threshold and the mod, would decide how much you get for a DM. (just ruined your day there farmers, huh?)
e.g, in the public mushu server, you get like 5 D.Ms, you get 50,000 points, and you win by points.
Well, 5 D.Ms in mushu is easy, so you would only get 1 skill point.
50,000 points would be a good deal of points, so worth 2 skill points.
Winning by points would get you know skill points.

(These here are optional by Dev team, this is just MY diagram of crap)
Frames corresponding to how many SP you get:

0 frames = infinite SP
1 - 9 frames = 15 SP
10 - 19 frames = 10 - 14 SP
20 - 29 frames = 5 - 9 SP
30 - 39 frames = 1 - 4 SP
40 - 49 frames = 1 SP
50+ = 0 SP

Points corresponding to how many SP you get:

0 points = 0 SP
1 - 25,000 = 1 SP
25,001 - 50,000 = 2 SP
50,001 - 100,000 = 3 SP
100,001 - 250,000 = 4 SP
250,000+ = 5 SP

Mods would be up to the Developer team, considering the information I just gave.

Now, remember, these Skill point are only rewarded in public matches. (And possibly in GM tourneys).

Now you have to be black belt and up to get Skill Points, because we don't want alt farmers, do we? (Optional for developer team)

Let me explain how these would be used:

In the beginning of a match, it would say right above each player how many skill points they have, but not for long. You wouldn't see this in replays, because that would kind of suck.
OPTIONAL: There could be a command to turn off this "Emote" that shows your skill points.

You could also use them to bypass certain QI restrictions, because if you have a black belt QI, and get like 500 SP, you could bypass your QI and go to like 2nd Dan QI restrictions.

This will be a handy way to really know how good a player is, and would make public servers a little more useful, but they are pretty useful because of the fact you get 10tc per win.

No, the idea of using SP as currency is not part of this because it would take away the main purpose of the SP, to show how good you are. And besides, if you could sell SP for tc, you would probably get extremely rich considering the QI bypassing, would make them pretty valuable and the market would just blow up.

Some of these things might be a little far fetched, but this is a Suggestions & Idea thread, so I should post it here.

Lazors Moderated Message:
Don't listen to this person he's decided on his own rules or something. Please do not post things like "supported" or "not supported".
Read the stickied threads in the op to learn how to make a decent response. Furthermore, posting more does not mean that this thread will get more recognition, so encouraging users to spam is really dumb.

*EDIT* For those people that just scanned this thread, only the public servers would give out SP. ONLY PUBLIC SERVERS. No other type of servers. The emote in the beginning of the match would go for every server though.
Last edited by Lazors; Dec 30, 2014 at 09:34 AM. Reason: Clarification
Semi Supported, Its a decent concept that could work with some ironing out but it seems to be hard to implement, as new mods are always coming out and mod trends are changing. One day mushu is the big hype other days people are playing other mods, and this would be a pain for the developers to always choose what mod gets how many points.
People say I'm different... Only difference is I'm number 1
I did say only the Public servers, correct? The public servers ONLY. The ones that say:
Public (but in pink).
Not necessarily the mod, just the public servers. But the emote thing would always work.
:|

getting sp by how many points you have isn't a good idea
cough sword mods cough

also it's extremely rare to end a fight in those amount of frames, and i don't see how winning fast judges how good you are
and:

"winning that fast will give him 3"
"50+ = 0 SP"

definitely not supported :|
You guys are confusing me with your random crap....

Skill points would show how good you are.
Skill points aren't rewarded like candy on Halloween, you have to win quick.
(Winning quick means you know how to end a match quick, which requires skill.)
And I did say that these are rewarded depending on the mod.
You guys didn't read the whole post clearly. :/
Originally Posted by SkypePro View Post
You guys are confusing me with your random crap....

Skill points would show how good you are.
Skill points aren't rewarded like candy on Halloween, you have to win quick.
(Winning quick means you know how to end a match quick, which requires skill.)
And I did say that these are rewarded depending on the mod.
You guys didn't read the whole post clearly. :/

There is no reason for it to be made since it has no significance, and elo ranking does say how "good" you are, but who really cares about how good you are? "skill points" are only to brag and flaunt around, and trust me it's going to be farmed.

and you should maybe put a tl;dr for the lazier folks.

-Not Supported
Alright.
I thought this would be a good idea because everybody says "I am so much better than you!", and so this could be proof. whatever.