Ranking
Do you know if here is a way to discourage Tori from falling on his butt because even if he can pull off moves that do 200 000 damage, it wont matter if he just gets disqualified in the end.

thanks

(This is an amazing mod by the way . Im having alot of fun with it )
Originally Posted by tiffany45 View Post
yea it says load move 1 0f 0

This means you have run the loadBest before any moves have been generated. Try running openerGA and allow it to evolve for a couple of generations and make sure it has created a best.txt file in your toribash directory, then try running the load best script
it keeps stopping for me at 31 frames left in the match after about 20 rounds or so.. if i space out that round it'll pick up where it left off.. any ideas?

also, is it possible to give it a move to start with and mutate off that?
Last edited by uffda; Jul 16, 2010 at 10:44 PM.
Originally Posted by Franchan View Post
Do you know if here is a way to discourage Tori from falling on his butt because even if he can pull off moves that do 200 000 damage, it wont matter if he just gets disqualified in the end.

The endgame flag returns a winType variable, disqualification is 2. I changed the fitness function to assign tori 0 if he gets disqualified. That should keep him off the ground
Attached Files
openerGA1.lua (8.7 KB, 66 views)
I took the code and tinkered with a bit. Did not add any new fancy functionality, mostly just moved functions around and tried to somewhat "clean up" the code - at least IMO

I factored out a sort of population management and simulation running library and two tools that use it - the GA tool and show_population tool. Those two can be called with different parameters to have different populations evolving without having to duplicate code files.

One "feature" I did work on was the evolving speed - disabling uke, tori, hud, blood, trails, antialiasing, and setting fixedframerate to 0 can be achieved by pressing 'v' (for visibility) which gives quite a speed boost and also minimizing the screen further improved the speed about 2 times for me.

I also implemented a "lookaside" cache that compares the individual to other recent ones and if it's been seen, automatically recalls it's fitness. This is mostly useful if you have low mutation going on and have reached a fairly stable move - sometimes about half of the individuals are slight variations of the same move and can be skipped from the full simulation.

Thats it, I put the code to github:
http://github.com/windo/toribash-evolver

Not sure if it was just a weekend-type of project or if I'll be improving it further but someone else can do another round of improvements if they feel like it I certainly got some cool moves out of it (some examples attached).
Attached Files
wushu_body_split_head_kick.rpl (22.3 KB, 55 views)
GA-swirling-hand-dismember.rpl (11.1 KB, 46 views)
GA_headgrab.rpl (36.3 KB, 43 views)
how long did the replays provided take to get to the state they're in?
:D
Several hours usually I think. I've left an evolution running while I went for a concert for example.

I left one running overnight as well, but it did not get that much better, it probably finds a "local maximum" way before the morning.

This one evolved tonight with ~30 minutes. Looks a bit messy but manages to dismember a leg with a judo-like move.
Attached Files
judo_leg_dismember.rpl (13.8 KB, 41 views)