ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
[Set]Mech-King
OSHI.. JC got off his arse and made a set for once. >_<

Well its still wip but I thought I'd get some much needed input from you guys while its still early days.
Head's 512 bod's 128.
I'm not sure to keep this simple clean look or to gritty him up abit? Or possibly add glowy stuff on the legs to make them less plain?
Also what would you guys recommend for force&relax?

I decided to keep some similarities to my old head.
Lol it's like Mech-King Mark2.

I'll update with the arms next.
[GATA Elite #2][PigeonHive]Ldr's
-=[Shop]=-
nom nom
Id love to eat those legs
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
Maybe a quicksilver lax, pharos force. Don't follow what I saw though, because I'm partially color blind.
That wasn't some joke by the way saying that I'm bad at choosing colors; I'm actually partly color blind.

I don't think the legs are too plain, but trying a glow wouldn't hurt.
Maybe waste time, but it wouldn't hurt.

I don't like the color on the visor; doesn't go well with the legs.

I say keep it clean.

<~oyster> i want you to fart near my mouth
The visor sticks out a bit. Maybe cuz the color is so different from everything else?

Also, the shading on those back braces on the thighs, the way the shadows go up, makes the textures look upside down.

I like the look of those parts though. More 3D, which I think the rest of the legs could use, more shadows instead of black lines. I would jizz.

I think the clean look is great. Not as clean looking as the old head you posted, which I think is amazing btw. Heck, if you could make it as clean as that.....

Lots of cool designs and shapes in these textures!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gimp is Pimp(tm)

DarkJak's Wide-Range Texture Shop[LINK]

Incognito - [o]
hmm, could point with the visor.
if you dont want to go with the same colour as the rest of the set for the visor, then id suggest something further away from the scheme than radioactive. thinking more along the lines of shaman or elf. then bring the colour back into the set in one or two places.
hands and a thigh i think would work nicely i think
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
that is quite sexi, esp the legs

but yea the visor doesnt match too well, it's a bit green... and the outline between the eyepiece and visor seems a lil dark n thick

but the detail is truly amazing, 10/10
I type as I speak, with several commas and run on sentences, dont be hatin'.
Ahh I'm glad you picked up on that DarkJak, I completely forgot to add a light source! Cheers, At the moment the lighting information is simply an Ambient Occlusion baked on from 3d with a gradient map applied.
I'll shade on a basic skylight from above and sort out shadows.

I do need to more assertively pick some colours, atm theres darkblue, pharos and the intense radioactive on the visor.... hmm I may change the visor, I like the blue glow of my old head but wether radioactive is quite right I'm unsure and yeah that black line is rather suspect, it appeared when I slapped on the colour gradient. I think I'll go with a glowy light blue lol, and incorporating it on the hands is definitely a good choice. I'm not sure about the thigh but it I'll try it out as it would be nice to add some asymmetry to one of them that way.
Last edited by KungFuJC; May 20, 2010 at 01:37 PM.
[GATA Elite #2][PigeonHive]Ldr's
-=[Shop]=-
"Cheers, At the moment the lighting information is simply an Ambient Occlusion baked on from 3d with a gradient map applied.
I'll shade on a basic skylight from above and sort out shadows."

Does not comprehend >_<

But yeah, as long as it keeps looking epic!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gimp is Pimp(tm)

DarkJak's Wide-Range Texture Shop[LINK]

Incognito - [o]
I personally think the visor's colour is what makes it stand out. Afterall, the head texture is the centre piece. The bottom of the visor does look a bit too dark and dirty to fit the rest of the style I think. Maybe make it a bit lighter.
Your head textures always manage to arouse me.

+rep

The rest of the set is beautiful as well, though.
back from the dead