Ranking
Original Post
C&P
Can some actually like, show me how to C&P , I mean seeing such quality in a texture set is somethin i'd like to be involved in. Obviously not full c&p but just to give it that extra "spark".
It's actually a bit easy well that's how I saw it when I tried it ( aerox don't comment >.> on this <.<) it's just the matter of having a nice and big picture with good quality, cutting parts out and creating a smooth effect, ofcourse it takes percison etc but that's about it in summary, you just need to try it first
I've been wondering on this too. Can you rotate and resize layers separately in GIMP/PS?

When I resize, I've always rescaled in a separate file and copied the results over. Dunno how to rotate other than 90 degrees ;_;
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gimp is Pimp(tm)

DarkJak's Wide-Range Texture Shop[LINK]

Incognito - [o]
its exactly what it sounds like
cut a piece out. paste it onto the texture.
get the basic layout right. resize what you need to, get the proportions right. and blend it in however you feel comfortable.

and jak, yea you can resize individual layers in PS. thats the whole point of layers. theyr individual objects, so you can edit them however you want to. resize, rotate, blablabla. think of something you want to do, photoshop can probably do it.

photoshop has free transform, which allowed you to move, rotate and scale at the same time.
my knowledge of that kind of stuff doesnt extend past rotating 90/180/270 degrees or free rotating by eye
you can also higihlight multiple layers and rotate them at the same time. using groups makes it even easier.
Last edited by BenDover; May 23, 2010 at 07:57 PM.
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
Originally Posted by DarkJak View Post
Can you rotate and resize layers separately in GIMP/PS?

I know how to in GIMP. Resizing and rotating layers. There's actually two
different ways for each. The way that I'd normally resize would be go to
layer>>scale layer which is easy for if you want a precise pixel size, or there's
actually the tool. For me it's right above the blend tool. It's called scale tool. :P
You just have to click on the piece you want to scale, and then drag your
mouse to and fro the piece you're scaling, then click on okay once it's at the
size you want. For rotating, there's layer>>transform>>arbitrary location for
degress other than 90, 180, or 270, which would be right above arbitrary
location. Or you can use the tool. For me it's right above the bucket fill tool,
and next to the scale tool.

Hope that helped.

Edit: Also, in GIMP when I would could out a piece from a photo to paste it onto
my texture, I'd use the Free Select Tool and turn of anti aliasing, and turn on the
feather edges with a radius of 10. That way it's not just cut perfectly straight how
the select was shaped, but it fades away a little to make it seem more natural. And
also, this was the outcome of my first/only CP head. I copy/pasted off of this photo
of a transformer; that's where the sidevents and headlights are from. Most people
thought it was from a car.

It's not 100% C/P though.
Last edited by Varkenoss; May 23, 2010 at 08:02 PM.

<~oyster> i want you to fart near my mouth
Originally Posted by TomPaine View Post
There's this on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRdOqxwZ7Mw

That's some pretty sweet stuff that aerox21 made. I suddenly have to desire to try out C&P myself.

(>^_^)>