Ranking
Original Post
The history of OLDA.
From the original thread:
The story so far: As you may know OLDA was, in its first incarnation, a clan. OLDA was a very short lived clan and only lasted about a week. We had 3 members, myself, Blotto, and morf. OLDA clan was started one night when myself and Blotto both had the idea to start a clan for people over 21. Being that I live in the U.S. and Blotto in Italy, the whole experience was sort of serendipitous. As a result our expectations were set rather high. Within a few days Blotto and I had raised the T.C. to become official and sent it off. One thing neither of us counted on though was the actual work that go's into creating a clan thread, after about a week and a half of waiting I got impatient and pulled the plug on OLDA clan. Also, it felt silly to start yet another clan, when starting an Org. could reach allot more people. That was yesterday. Today, May 29 2008, I actually received a response from ManBreakfast informing me that he had just created the OLDA clan thread, but that he also received my request to disregard it all together, so in essence OLDA clan was official for what Im guessing was no more then an hour before it was dissolved. Which brings us to right now, still May 29, but a bit later in the evening. OLDA is something that I would not have created were it not for the advice of several people already familiar with the Toribash community. I'm only hoping that these same people will now come and join OLDA and help me get this started. There is no point in having an org without the community's support. /end of original thread stuff.

Since that post OLDA has grown into a rather large org. Our members are some of the best and most respected in the Toribash world, as well as the the not so well known guys who are just as epic. We have had a few succesful tournaments and competitions and there are plans to have more soon. We are still getting new members nearly every day and now that other OLDA members have admin powers our roster is staying up to date. As of this post 11/19/08 OLDA is somewhere around 6 months old.

Moderately amusing facts.

1. Since it was first formed, the original OLDA thread has remained on the first page of the org board. I think the closest we ever got to page 2 was 3rd to last (I bumped it, because thats how I roll). What this means is that OLDA people are damn active.

2. The OLDA irc channel (unless something has changed) is a ghost town. A place where people show up, say hello, and then leave hours later without a single conversation happening. EDIT: As of November 19th, 2009, we are up to a steady 5 lurkers. Shin Ryu provides most of the talking, by saying "morning" and "nini" at the respective times of day.

3. Before orgs were given their own official forums, OLDA had an external forum created mostly by Blotto. It was active for a few months, but then was overridden with inactivity and crazy effing spam.

4. Before the [OLDA] tag, there was [Old Bastard]

5. A while back the Toribash forums were "invaded" but the Something Awful Goons. There were all sorts of guesses as to why they came, but one thing everyone knew is that they did a great job of making a mess of the forums. During their whole time here they never once spammed the OLDA thread.

6. We like beer. And liquor. And toast.

7. It is a cucumber.

8. In the OLDA video comp, Warcry got more votes for his video than I think have ever been cast in a single event.

9. Sometime in 2009, OLDA lowered its entry age to 18.

10. Deady never made the updates to the "really OLDAs" part of the roster. He sucks cocks etc.

o.k., for now thats about it. For more on OLDAs past go here (our original thread) http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=34455

Cheers,
Deady
Last edited by deady; Nov 19, 2009 at 07:52 PM.
Organisation of Awesome: Member.
Fact #7 confuses me... am I supposed to be doing drunken things with cucumbers? O.o

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Ahhhhhhhhhh! I remember that! XD

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
It me, I eat children and piss blood and vomit...

>.>

<,<

what?
Originally Posted by deady View Post
It me, I eat children and piss blood and vomit...

>.>

<,<

what?

A bit much? :P
I haven't read the whole thread concerning the cucumber, can someone tell me what the young brat is doing with a silly cucumber in a big condom ? Oo
It is a bit odd.

But well, that's how olda goes I guess
I'm glad that OLDA has developped itself like that.

It is one of the funniest place in the toribash forum with cool peoples.
[FROG] - [Toribash-FR] - [OLDA] - \m/
Français, english: Click