Toribash
Originally Posted by FistofLife View Post
You should make a video where you back up what you say and try these moves on an experienced player.
You should make an tutorial for advanced players since there is many things wrong with this one, I assume thats because its only the basics.

but i already execute(d) these moves on experienced players, with replays refferences, what am i doing wrong?
tell me about aikido
~referencing Dark Souls in suicidal threads since 13/01/15
Originally Posted by snake View Post
but i already execute(d) these moves on experienced players, with replays refferences, what am i doing wrong?

Well I remember your moves failing against me, and this was in a mod that was specifically made to benefit your play style.

I am not going to point out the major flaws with these videos and the practicality of these moves but just using video four as an example, almost every thing the opponent does benefits you. I know the replays are just for show.

The largest part in a lot of these techniques are that they involve contracting and lowering elbows whilst try to manipulate your opponent, this would end up as a disaster for you if your opponent new what he was doing, as you said to keep hands grabed, your opponent could un-grab, this would mean YOU are grabbing his hands and his hands are free to grab another part of you, He would just need to change to grab when you are lowering and contracting your elbow for him to destroy you. Him grabbing at this time would result in you grabing his hand and him grabing your shoulder, this would cause a mas fracture fest all down your arm and you would not longer have any controll.

At 0:52 in video 3 if your opponent grabbed and raised shoulders you would lose as to what I said above. This is a common flaw in most of your moves.

There is so many more problems with these, just playing a few games against me and I can show you many of them.
Last edited by FistofLife; Dec 29, 2014 at 09:44 PM.
i don't know why you decided to recall it now after a few month, but the score was in my favor anyway

also, if you don't like my tutorial - make your own, srsly
tell me about aikido
Originally Posted by snake View Post
i don't know why you decided to recall it now after a few month, but the score was in my favor anyway

also, if you don't like my tutorial - make your own, srsly

Don't lie about the score, if you are so confident why not come in game and prove it. The score was like 12-4 to me, but I was also vs Holo so maybe that explains it lol.

Also a bit funny that you can't seem to accept the flaws in your ways.
It's funny because when we look back at this game, we will see replays of snake and Fistoflife. One playing with style and cool looking replays, the other looking like he is a piece of wood. There is a difference between playing for fun/fairness and playing to win. ;)

Nice vids, still waiting on the 5th tho ;o

Edit: it makes me cringe when Fistoflife talks about skill >.< rofl
Snake, if you want, can you send me a download link with the 5th part of the tutorial?

i am a bird now - Lil B

When i want to play for style I play spar, that is what its there for, no point in playing aikido and losing then claiming "Ye but i looked cool"
i just can't take it seriously anymore, arguing for the sake of arguing, and no the score is correct, even though you was calculating everything even worse than our accounter
-----
Originally Posted by TimmyboyG View Post
Snake, if you want, can you send me a download link with the 5th part of the tutorial?

err.. 5th part have voice recorded and i prepared replays for background, i just didn't put it all together as it's more of what other people do - talk. not really a tutorial, but hey, sure
Last edited by snake; Dec 29, 2014 at 11:59 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
tell me about aikido
Originally Posted by FistofLife View Post
When i want to play for style I play spar, that is what its there for, no point in playing aikido and losing then claiming "Ye but i looked cool"

There isn't much correlation between winning and being skillful sadly. In case you didn't know, many players make great replays while also winning (see: nuthug).
My view on this:
In aikido (Normal), just playing just to win is easy. You push your opponent of out the ring, you lift your opponent and you win.
Making a match look nice is more challenging and requires more skill. If you lose in aikido you dont have to claim anything. It's simple: You lost, next time better.
This is more about sportsmanship than pure competition.

i am a bird now - Lil B