ES Recruitment Drive
Criticism is fine, as long as you're actually raising legitimate points, but that there is not what i would call constructive criticism. I agree that the font is terrible, but that has to do with the fact that Arial apparently changed all of a sudden, and without my consent. If i can figure out how, i might have to make a custom font for this. :I
Originally Posted by Mzebra View Post
Generic intergalactic shump

neat

Anyhoo, haven't been doing much lately, since i NEARLY developed tendonitis in my left wrist (a bit too much One Finger Death Punch for my mousing hand to handle), and thus had to be careful with too much mousing and typing and what not. Chartle's still working on and off on sekrit cool things, from what i know. :v
<Blam|Homework> oiubt veubg
various places to find me lol
Originally Posted by Mzebra View Post
Generic intergalactic shump with a really bad font.

theres a reason people don't like you and this might be it
-----
But yeah, game looks sweet i guess. cant really comment on the art since i don't know 64 bit or whatever but lookin good
Last edited by Appledong; Apr 2, 2014 at 02:03 PM. Reason: looks
Originally Posted by Shook View Post
If i can figure out how, i might have to make a custom font for this. :I

Since I assume you CBA making one the old fashioned way, have an easy method:

http://fontstruct.com

Enjoy.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Mhm, Fontstruct's pretty boss for quickly knocking up fonts.
It even has a nice "pixel" option that'll tell you what size to set your .TTF fonts so it looks all retro. They have it listed as a thingy for Flash games, but it's universal as you'd expect.

Personally I prefer blitting text, but if you're into using font stuff it's the best way without having to spend hours manually vectoring every character.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
!!!

That is a very cool thing, thanks very much Skul! c:

@Trocher: Heh, thanks for the offer, but i think i'll make one myself, if anything. Y'know, just to keep things consistent, since i did make all other final sprites for the game.

@Appledong: 64 bit? Hahah, i think this is more like 16 bit, but it's not really important. Glad you like the looks of it. c:
So what happened to this?
:D
Well it apparently is on his New Year's Resolutions list to finish this game.
So lets wait and hope.
h
I really like the game.
Only criticism is that all the letters are capitalized.
Other than that, it's nice.
"Who wouldn't pass up gay sex with Bercat?"
"Day is probably masturbating to Osu"- Hydra 2k15
Awesome, glad to hear! The letters being all caps is entirely intentional, and i'm probably not going to bother changing it because of how many strings there are in the game.

Also wow, people are still waiting? An unexpected yet welcome surprise. :v
Anyways, the thing is that it's on a bit of an involuntary hiatus at the moment, due to how i managed to fuck up my hands/arms/shoulders. Annoyingly, developing on this hits all the wrong notes in my dear manipulators, so i have to wait for them to get better before we all go hogwild and finish this thing.

That's not to say that no progress has been made, however!

TEASERIFFIC

And many other details, such as a translucent HUD that won't entirely obscure your ship any more. :v