ES Recruitment Drive
Originally Posted by Warcry View Post
For god's sake, people, read some Stephen King.

For awesomeness, read Cell, The Dark Half and Carrie.

For pants shitting purposes, read all of Nightmares and Dreamscapes and Gerald's Game.

For ball shrivelling and blood freezing purposes, read Pet Sematary. (that is how it is spelled)

ah, he is good. I have only read IT and On Writing though :/ I hear the Dark Tower series is epic.
Organisation of Awesome: Member.
Originally Posted by Tervez View Post
Terry Pratchett's Discworld novels are heartily recommended for anyone who likes satire, and even if you don't you should at least try one. My favorites are Reaperman, Soul Music and Hogfather.

You, sir, are correct.

Though the best books are Jingo, Thud!, and Monstrous Regiment. Discworld actually brings up serious business with a light and humorous tone.
Originally Posted by aslask View Post
You, sir, are correct.

Though the best books are Jingo, Thud!, and Monstrous Regiment. Discworld actually brings up serious business with a light and humorous tone.

Aww, but Death has only cameos in those books! ;)

And I haven't read Thud! or Monstrous Regiment yet. They haven't been translated to my language, and it's kinda hard to get the english copies. The newest translated book is The Fifth Elephant, which I'm reading currently.
Never compromise.
Originally Posted by Tervez View Post
Aww, but Death has only cameos in those books! ;)

And I haven't read Thud! or Monstrous Regiment yet. They haven't been translated to my language, and it's kinda hard to get the english copies. The newest translated book is The Fifth Elephant, which I'm reading currently.

It's awesome. Try reading them in English, anyway. It's better than translated.
You should read blade runner, or (do androids dream of electric sheep), they are the same book. it's a movie, too, but the book is muhc better, a really good read, i think you'll enjoy it, it looks like we read some of the same books.
◕ ◡ ◕ [VIP]
I prefer books that don't end happily. Steven King's Pet Sematary, Needful Things, The Dark Half, and IT are all books I've read and loved.

However, the Song of Ice and Fire series(fantasy), by George R.R. Martin, takes the cake for tragic happenings. Important characters will die unexpectedly, randomly, and sometimes it will even seem insignificant.
I've read all four of the books and loved the countless plot twists and revelations, as well as some things that wouldn't be exactly child-friendly (vivid descriptions of sexual intercourse, brutal depictions of battles, the disturbing concept of incest).

I've also read the Inheritance series, but I honestly cannot say I've much liked it. The basic plot is unoriginal in general- powerful dragons, magic, tyrannical king, someone in the village who is a powerful ally, all that stuff.

Currently reading the Wheel of Time series(fantasy) and...well, I'm only on the first book, but it seems good.
Crime and punishment is one of the best books, in fact, i want to name Rodion this account once, but i only choose mah name
█ ☠ █
Dan Brown is one of my favorite authors. Check him out.
[12:04] <@Jarmund> the only thing that could make it even clearer that he didn't have a woman, would be if he played WoW
[21:20] <blkk> what does fap mean?
I hate Twilight but i heard the movie is awsome. Im reading this book called Fallen Angles by Walter Dean Myers its a pretty good book its about this person from new york he cant afford collage and the streets are to hard he joins the army and gets sent to Vietnam..... its a really good book im 108 pages into it and theres 309.
Originally Posted by sniper3690 View Post
I hate Twilight but i heard the movie is awsome.

Whoever told you is wrong.
infamous