Toribash
Original Post
[REL] Tempest freerunning academy mod
Tempest freerunning academy

This mod is a recreation of a Tempest academy building. There's no start, there's no goal. Just do as you wish.
The hardest challange was to build as many obstacles as possible and keep them relatively detailed and accurate to the pictures without going over the block limit.
I'm very proud of this, as it is my first parkour mod, my first released mod and my second mod at all.
This is also my 1000th post :000

Pics

Attached Files
tempest_freerun_academy.tbm (25.3 KB, 126 views)
Last edited by Hypersaint; May 6, 2017 at 12:13 AM.
This is pretty good, especially considering it's one of your first mods ! There's a nice amount of obstacles, the freedom for the players to explore them, and it overall looks quite decent color wise.

You should however be wary of the various bars' thickness: There's a lot of clipping issues in Toribash, and you might see people going right through them if they're too thin.
Additionally, I suggest making the walls of your dojo much much thicker (In the hundreds), to avoid having the walls blocking the view if people want to trick on them. (Ceiling too, it's quite low and people like to zoom out sometimes)

You could use the notepad to make your Tempest (I'm assuming) logo merge much better in the wall and look almost completely flat without blinking. Using the notepad allows you to have extra decimals in the settings of your object, so you could make them 0.001 or even 0.0001 thick (or whatever you need) and they'd blend seamlessly. I highly suggest downloading notepad++ for this !

Lastly, you still have half your objects left ! Why stop there ? Go crazy ! blow our minds !

Kidding aside, this is pretty good work. I'm glad to see a new face around and I hope those tips help you in the future

And if you need some help, you can always contact me !
Last edited by DashSora; May 6, 2017 at 02:37 AM.
I always like to see new free running mods, but there are so many of them. However, this one looks more well done then the most of them, I am going to download and try it out for myself this weekend probably. ^_^
Originally Posted by Aboriginally View Post
damn, pretty accurate and lots of possiblities, gonna make a replay

Would love to see what you can come up with!

Originally Posted by DashSora View Post
This is pretty good, especially considering it's one of your first mods ! There's a nice amount of obstacles, the freedom for the players to explore them, and it overall looks quite decent color wise.

You should however be wary of the various bars' thickness: There's a lot of clipping issues in Toribash, and you might see people going right through them if they're too thin.
Additionally, I suggest making the walls of your dojo much much thicker (In the hundreds), to avoid having the walls blocking the view if people want to trick on them. (Ceiling too, it's quite low and people like to zoom out sometimes)

You could use the notepad to make your Tempest (I'm assuming) logo merge much better in the wall and look almost completely flat without blinking. Using the notepad allows you to have extra decimals in the settings of your object, so you could make them 0.001 or even 0.0001 thick (or whatever you need) and they'd blend seamlessly. I highly suggest downloading notepad++ for this !

Lastly, you still have half your objects left ! Why stop there ? Go crazy ! blow our minds !

Kidding aside, this is pretty good work. I'm glad to see a new face around and I hope those tips help you in the future

And if you need some help, you can always contact me !

Thanks for the tips!
Originally Posted by MrMiyagy View Post
I always like to see new free running mods, but there are so many of them. However, this one looks more well done then the most of them, I am going to download and try it out for myself this weekend probably. ^_^

Thanks! Let me see the replay when it's done! It can help me improve this mod and add more obstacles or delete ones where players are having a hard time.

Thanks for all the kindness from everyone!
Wow... this is great! i'm not big on parkour mods but i will say the depth and color variation could use some work. try to use a reference image and look for things you wouldn't have noticed before!
As long as you don't stop modmaking you could build a reputation...
art horder. i like art.
mod requests: https://discord.gg/VEYqUSU
Originally Posted by BquadZ7550 View Post
yo this looks really cool, but which tempest is this based off of? the north county one id imagine?

south bay is best

It's not based on any specific. I just googled images of "Tempest freerunning academy building interior"

Originally Posted by Hezk View Post
Wow... this is great! i'm not big on parkour mods but i will say the depth and color variation could use some work. try to use a reference image and look for things you wouldn't have noticed before!
As long as you don't stop modmaking you could build a reputation...

1st How would I improve the depth? I've already created a couple of simulated shadows. There's really nothing to add when it comes to depth. Just look at images from google. Also colors where chosen carefully with the color picker in paint.NET from multiple image sources, I used the original colors and if I would've added more colors then it wouldn't look like what I was going for. And I did use plenty of reference images. Everything is based on referance images.
Pretty fun mod tbh
Attached Files
f.rpl (650.3 KB, 16 views)
Jun 2, 2023 - .best. day. ever.