ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Aikido Start Technique, And Other Junk
Aikido Basic's

An big thing to remember when playing Aikido is that your main goal should not be to deal damage, rarely have i seen an Aikido match end without a disqualification. Keeping that in mid your main components will not be your hands or feet but rather your balance and leverage. Here are a few things to keep in mind about Aikido. . .

- The turn frames are about medium, so keep that in mid when executing risky moves.

- The gravity is average/high so it isn't as easy to execute high jumps and acrobats. (not that you'd want too in Aikido)

- Your feet should remain on the round at all times with little exception, Almost all of your leverage comes from, maintaining foot to ground contact.

Aikido Technique

Although it may be hard to resist the urge to just contract your pecs and go for a grab, it may be more beneficial to get low to the ground first, for example.

Aikido Hip Throw

Click For General Instructions

One move that i usually love to start out with is the Aikido Hip Throw, it's a highly customizable move so feel free to change some things, but the basic concept of this move is to get low to the ground and let your opponent grab you first and then use his/her momentum to spring up and get his/her feet off the ground, thus putting you in control.
-----
Guide Will Be Updated Soon, With more Information.
Last edited by GhostXWolf; Apr 2, 2014 at 06:39 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
i have no idea what exactly you mean by hip throw, and would like to see a replay.
I think move tutorials are illegal, but it's not really a move, other than that, awesome! I might use this for my dueling needs. >:L
Chickster: I literally don't know why I did it.
I believe move tutorials are only illegal if they are the main thing about the thread. In this case it isn't, but good job, Ghost, this should help newbies a bit.
| old boi | Cyri | Xioi | Chill | SparChar | Fatman | JackMorris |
"Go back in time and get it tomorrow" - Jack