Toribash
Original Post
RPG org
RPG org

If you have no idea what RPG is, the organization is not for you. The purpose of this org is to:
1) Discuss pen & paper RPGs, talk about anything related to them really. You can brainstorm for new ideas or tell stories from your recent games.
2) Look for groups. If you're looking for players or to be a player in a session, you can announce it here.
In a way it's a bit similiar to old old Fabula Magnus, except it's not quite the same. Additionally this org isn't intending to go official because a single thread is going to be perfectly sufficient for rpg-playing-community needs. Though it's focused on tabletop RPGs, some other relevant topics such as wargames (e.g. WH) or LARPing are fine too.

The org will work a bit differently from most others: there are no applications per se. This means you can freely post in here as long as you're not obnoxious. If you wish, you can be added to the list of rpg players. Just list systems you're into and you'll be added.

Oh, and there's irc channel, #rpg, again anyone is welcome.

People who play RPGs:
JtanK - D&D 3.5, Pathfinder, FATE, Neuroshima, Call of Cthulhu
Rune - D&D 3.5
Phail - D&D 4.0
Note - Pathfinder, FATE

LOOKING FOR GROUP
If you're lonely and never leave home or all your gaming-friends died or you don't really have time to play IRL then you can look for a group here. If you have an announcement, it will be added to the first post. If you want to reply to an announcement, either do it in this thread or PM the author.

For playing RPGs over the internet I personally recommend social groups and http://roll20.net online tabletop.

Originally Posted by JtanK
I'm looking to assemble a group of players for a session of d&d 3.5. It'd be played by forum rather than getting all players at once to play, so it means the session would progress slowly but (hopefully) steadily.
I don't even intend to make the session plot focused, because if I want plot I can go read a book or cyber horny teenagers in public chatrooms. I'd prefer to focus the session on action, and depending on what players wanted it could even be dumbed down to "you are adventurers, before you is entrance to the dungeon, behind you is a town to buy supplies/sell loot, over".

tl;dr
Looking for group to play d&d 3.5, 4-6 players, dungeon master will be me
Requirements: know at least basics of d&d 3.5*; can type english at some reasonable level; is active and can reply like, at least once a day or more
We'd most likely use social group for writing because it's convenient

*I'm tired of teaching rules to new players, so they'd be given lowest priority if they were really hell-bent on playing

GROUPS
If you have a TB-based RPG group, you can list it here for convenience. Use this form:

form

JtanK's group
System: D&D 3.5
Accepting new members: no, not at this point (up to 6 players, not including GM)
Members:
JtanK (GM)
Phail
Scorpio
Snake
Backup/inactive:
Note
Gynx
neko
Last edited by JtanK; Jun 6, 2015 at 07:36 PM.

[re] | #Polska
qui hic minxerit aut cacaverit, habeat deos superos et inferos iratos
So, does anyone LARP here? It's actually really fun, enjoyed every second of it.
If you want to have see and feel of LARPing while watching a movie, I recommend you guys watch this one it has a pretty great and realistic portrayal of LARPing. (minus the demons part)
So yeah, wanna be a high level warrior/wizard/whatever in your community in LARPing? Join their activities always so you can level up fast! And I can't stress this enough but really, LARPing is seriously fun, as long as you've made friends with other LARPers, and not be a nerdy loner.
✦RIP -zzzkie, I'll miss you 2012-2015 #neverforget.✦
👼Proud owner and leader of [Ascend] with my brother, Nevramon👼
Check out my 🎧 FREE💃 sound request shop! - I have a lot of art (like, 45+ heads and a few sets) for sale! PM me for them!
Originally Posted by Rhaemondzzzkie View Post
So, does anyone LARP here? It's actually really fun, enjoyed every second of it.
If you want to have see and feel of LARPing while watching a movie, I recommend you guys watch this one it has a pretty great and realistic portrayal of LARPing. (minus the demons part)
So yeah, wanna be a high level warrior/wizard/whatever in your community in LARPing? Join their activities always so you can level up fast! And I can't stress this enough but really, LARPing is seriously fun, as long as you've made friends with other LARPers, and not be a nerdy loner.

My main problem with LARPing is the effort it takes, argh. Having props, travelling to the place where it happens, actually moving a lot. As time consuming as classic RPGs but way more tiresome. On the other hand I can imagine it must be one hell of a ride, but still, I think I'll pass :F Pen & paper is way more comfy.

[re] | #Polska
Originally Posted by JtanK View Post
My main problem with LARPing is the effort it takes, argh. Having props, travelling to the place where it happens, actually moving a lot. As time consuming as classic RPGs but way more tiresome. On the other hand I can imagine it must be one hell of a ride, but still, I think I'll pass :F Pen & paper is way more comfy.

Well yeah you need props but you can just make em or buy toys from your local department store, and dude, travelling is actually the fun part of LARPing! Sometimes LARPs last for days so you've gotta camp out with your friends, sometimes having events in the middle of the night or first one to get up gets *exp* or *bonus buff* or whatever. It's seriously, seriously fun. I also love the LARPs what require a squad/team, promotes friendship and a lot more fun
✦RIP -zzzkie, I'll miss you 2012-2015 #neverforget.✦
👼Proud owner and leader of [Ascend] with my brother, Nevramon👼
Check out my 🎧 FREE💃 sound request shop! - I have a lot of art (like, 45+ heads and a few sets) for sale! PM me for them!
What if we want to get into RPG.

I played a little bit when I was younger but sense my brothers moved away I haven't played in awhile.

I used to love to play back then but now I literally have no one to play with.
Originally Posted by Suck View Post
What if we want to get into RPG.

I played a little bit when I was younger but sense my brothers moved away I haven't played in awhile.

I used to love to play back then but now I literally have no one to play with.

If you have nobody to play with and no FLGS-es around or stuff then your best bet is picking up some system books or .pdfs, learning them then looking for a group online. Roll20 is one decent place for it, another might be myth-weavers.

The most stupid idea is to look for a group on toribash forum which only shows how unwise person I am. If you can provide activity and learn d&d 3.5e rules, then you could join assuming there's still slots left for players.

[re] | #Polska
Do you only accept people who play RPG games on pc?
Or do you also consider people who play on consoles?
Master of the arcane arts