Toribash
View Poll Results: Google Facial Recognition?
Awesome
14 Votes / 51.85%
Meh
13 Votes / 48.15%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll
View Poll Results

Original Post
Google's Facial Recognition
So, they have had it ready for over a year, but have been concerned about privacy and have been looking for the best privacy policy.

> Take a photo of someone or upload an image of them
> Find all images of them
> ???
> Profit

Awesome or not?
thats actually quite interesting but why would google be interested in doing that
i hate you...
I think this is absolutely awful. They are already into so much shit involving global surveilance and intrusion of privacy. I bet if we knew half the crap that google did they would be under lock and key, they even help China filter out human rights web searches. Or at least they did, either way; they don't need my photo.
Originally Posted by coloo View Post
I think this is absolutely awful. They are already into so much shit involving global surveilance and intrusion of privacy.

Eh not really. Everything they use is public domain. It is just that people are realising that they put too much of their own stuff out where the public can see it.

Originally Posted by coloo View Post
they even help China filter out human rights web searches

They allowed China to censor what they want, which they don't anymore.
Why do you word it like that, what's with the Google hate? :L
I don't *think* that I put much of my personal data on the web, not any photos anyway. I think that it's a neat idea if you had a picture of some famous person and wanted to know who it was.
Selling Kung Fu Master Beard $250 USD. Non-negotiable. Now accepting bitcoin! I'll accept an offer as low as 0.15BTC!
Pretend you're as elite as us old schoolers with this unique old schooler only beard!
DesertPunk

Please click this
Visit Buy something from my Poor Quality 3D/2D/Pixel/Photography/Sounds/Writing/Scripts/Anything Shop
Google recognizes so many faces now. It is like the new skynet or something. I'm scared.
Attached Thumbnails
1411263105706.jpg  
<13chillz> Grab a crayon and go zoom zoom
It's not like you can see something that isn't already public on the web..
The past makes you wanna die out of regret, and future makes you depressed out of anxiety. So by elimination, the present is likely the happiest time.
This is literally just an upgraded version of the image search that's been around for years.

No one had a problem with google pawing through our images, but now that it's looking at our faces, we're all rip? We gave websites permission to host our images, if anyone actually read the Terms of Use, most websites that host images (imgur, facebook, almost anything) those images are free domain essentially.
You've pretty much already agreed to do this, it's just a matter that they haven't started doing it yet.

I think it's sick, so long as we don't go overboard with it it's going to be awesome.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
|Replay|ORMO|