Toribash
Original Post
Youth in Asia
There is a serious problem with youth in asia.

The suicide rates of youth in asia are the highest in the world.

The class system and education system is incredibly punishing, and the Chinese model in particular is very problematic as far as youth are concerned.

Sex drives have been falling for years, people aren't reproducing, which means that in 40 or so years, we'll be stuck with way too many old people unable to support themselves, and jobs which need to be done which can't be done by the elderly.

Is the problem with youth in asia a cultural problem? How can it be solved?
Hoss.
Going to give this thread a lifeline, and hope that it starts attracting interest, as I think this is an important topic. Before I give my thoughts on the matter, I'll point out that I haven't lived in eastern countries for any period of time, and my opinion may not cover certain cultural or societal factors present there. Now with that out of the way I'll address my thoughts on the matter...

Suicide Among Youth
It seems to me that there is an enormous amount of societal pressure to be flawless, inhuman, beings in eastern countries. No doubt this leads to younger members of society being overwhelmed with enormous expectations. I'm sure a lot of them feel that a world where (unofficially) every aspect of your life is decided by your academic performance is no world worth living in, and I don't blame them.

Education
I'm not in a position to say much about their education systems without doing more research first, so I'll leave that topic at this: I find the United States' education system disgusting at best, so China's arbitrary testing systems don't exactly please me either.

I think the problem with sex drive flows into the idea of a society where you must be optimized to maximum efficiency. When people feel like robots, their more human desires go ignored in favor of increasing financial/social performance.

I'd like to hear more about this from others, as discussion on foreign affairs is something I haven't participated in before.
I've heard the suicide rates in japan skyrocket more than any other region, so I think the only way to prevent it would be with cultural editing of some kind, maybe improving living situations for less privileged youth, which goes along with improving the education, but I'm not qualified enough for an opinion on the rest.

Gr8 b8 btw I laughed
the inner machinations of my mind are an enigma
suicidal acts?most are probably caused ouut of sadness and desperation so, nothing we can do

sex drives have been falling for years? bah, go here in the philippines and trust me sex is like a daily routine here(not that i do it ;|). it'll be wild.

in my experience school's changed because of k-to-12. and here, the anti-bullying law is preventing teachers from abusing their power, most countries should do that
aaaaAAaaAasaaadABabababalnandàas2
Originally Posted by eki27 View Post
suicidal acts?most are probably caused ouut of sadness and desperation so, nothing we can do

Are you fucking kidding me? There's nothing that can be done to help? Nothing at all?

Depression is treatable, and can be avoided by placing sufferers in an environment which helps them mentally, or through prescription drugs.

A lot of Asian countries have high rates of youth suicide due to excidingly high expectations from their family, peers and teachers - don't meet the bar? You're an outcast now.

Remove the extreme expectations and the exiling? You remove a large part of the problem. Of course depression will still be there, it always is but it will be more treatable. I really don't understand why you think you can't treat depression it's a very immature thought. It's why therapy exists... you must have heard of therapy / antidepressant drugs.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[4:37 PM] ponf: y'all might think i'm not wild enough to send dick pics over toribash
[4:37 PM] ponf: you'd be wrong
uwu i wuv you uwu

Zelda Moderated Message:
For future reference posts of this nature are not and will not be tolerated on the discussion forum and never have been. However, you made me smile and to be fair Eki was being kinda stupid so well done.
Last edited by Zelda; May 13, 2015 at 11:48 PM.

Not treatable? You have to be joking. Ever heard of therapists, support groups, anti-bullying organizations? Things that help people overcome extreme sadness are like everywhere.
a spoon.

...you're kidding... Right?

It is not desperation and sadness, it's anxiety due to how strict schools in Japan and China are. Mainly China. Their performances are beyond amazing for that reason. Their elementary school kids can play music pieces that are difficult for high school top ranking bands. Especially when they memorize their music. It's scary.

There's other reasons for suicide there. But it's mainly that.

"Dear reader, I hope this email finds you before I do."
Yeah that's enough of ripping the shit out of eki27 now. Move on please.
Good morning sweet princess
you guys should join my hate club. And Yes thank you Zelda :3 Meh I was too lazy to make something bout that
Anyway moving on, as Zelda said, to the class systems.

Class systems are getting too strict with rules and teachers punishing kids without good reason and thus, most kids leave school mid-semester or something and here we go with children not going to school.

Children not going to school end up living a hard life which results to suicide(you beat the shit out of me there, so I won't talk about this anymore) or if they don't, they'll take some jobs without the need of knowledge, etc. Like Taxi Driver or not ending up on having jobs at all
-----
Originally Posted by Bulletron View Post
Not treatable? You have to be joking. Ever heard of therapists, support groups, anti-bullying organizations? Things that help people overcome extreme sadness are like everywhere.

It is everywhere but some arehnt even recognized
-----
Originally Posted by FistofLife View Post

Zelda Moderated Message:
For future reference posts of this nature are not and will not be tolerated on the discussion forum and never have been. However, you made me smile and to be fair Eki was being kinda stupid so well done.

Love<3 stupidity is love.
-----
Anyway here's the link to the hate club <3 love me <3
Last edited by Lust; May 14, 2015 at 09:55 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
aaaaAAaaAasaaadABabababalnandàas2