Ranking
Originally Posted by HeavyBob View Post
Why are you so obsessed with criminals immortal? In arguments where one person never uses the word nor even brings up the topic you seem to pull it out of thin air and use it to support every statement you have made.

Ah ok, we are talking about the non-criminal gang members and drug dealers then huh.

The kind of gang that play football in the park, and the kind of drug dealers who own a licensed pharmacy.

Ok mate, sorry I misunderstood.
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff
The hood is not just gang territory filed with drug dealers, there are some people that cant afford better places to live. Especially in New York where you have the project houses , they house Asians, Blacks, Hispanics and Whites. These are the people who try to achieve the American dream. The hood people you see on the street don't do school usually because they've tried and failed or they've been sucked in by OG's. People try to make it out of the hood with sports, education, scamming, drug dealing for they feel that those are the only paths available. There are not many other paths in the projects, either you die, you kill to live, you steal or you play sports (all these things are inexcusable). But when you strip down the whole basis of human Behavior in the beginning it was to survive under any means necessary.

I have friends whose siblings have made it out of the hood, friends who siblings are drug dealers its just the paths they choose.
The problem isn't the people who just happen to live in crime rich areas, it is the crime. Hood mentality and the idea of needing to get out of the hood revolve around the hood being hard to live in, this has a lot to do with the danger of living there. If the hood was crime free the nobody would need to talk about hood mentality. So by choosing a criminal route out of the hood you are kinda forcing the same thing on others.
Good morning sweet princess
Originally Posted by darkexxod View Post
There are not many other paths in the projects, either you die, you kill to live, you steal or you play sports (all these things are inexcusable). But when you strip down the whole basis of human Behavior in the beginning it was to survive under any means necessary.

I have friends whose siblings have made it out of the hood, friends who siblings are drug dealers its just the paths they choose.

You really think that is acceptable?

The rest of the civilized world gave up that behaviour and mentality long long ago.

Maybe if the culture wasn't so anti-education and barbaric they could find other paths.
Last edited by ImmortalPig; Jun 28, 2015 at 05:17 PM.
So seeing this you still can't realize the point in the statements made?. It's not the whole culture that is like that, but it is prominent. However growing up in that environment there are just as many people telling you stay out of the streets and keep your head in the books so don't assume they all want to be their and are complacent with their situation.

Nobody was ever arguing that it was acceptable but listing why it's the way it is, and why simply saying don't do crime won't work. It's what you have to do to survive plain and simple, when the fridge is empty, your siblings and mother are tearing up holding there stomachs, you look down and there's holes in your shoes and you're late on the rent living next door to dealers or bangers then you have to do what you have to do to make it not only for yourself but for your loved ones. This is how a lot of good kids go astray, starting off protecting or providing by any means necessary to getting trapped in that lifestyle and in turn indoctrinating the next generation, coming from places like those you have to get your hands dirty even if you come out clean. It's really a tragic cycle that most the world is quick to write off as people stuck in that vicious cycle doing crime for no reason and that generalization is plain ignorance.
Present to me the most beautiful woman, and I shall reward you with chronos
Trying to frame them as having no choice but to commit crime is just wrong. Your attitude that "you just gotta do it to survive!1" is why that culture is considered the scum of the Earth.

Besides that, you are clearly making misleading statements. The vast majority of crime committed in the hood is not so they can nobley support their family.
It doesn't have to be so that they can support their family. The vast majority of crime committed in the hood is so they can stay alive. Also, you keep referring to every single person in the hood as a criminal which isn't true. kek
Thanks for the tc shockey, I'll never f o r g e t you shockey-sama
It's not framing or making misleading statements, I stated that it was not acceptable and I'm not calling them heroes. I'm speaking from a place of experience because I grew up in such places it's something I lived up until I was 18, I don't know if that counts for anything or not though.

If you can't understand that people have to do what they have to do to survive then you haven't met many hardships and are a very lucky person, but anyone who's been in that situation will tell you that it's a morality struggle.
Present to me the most beautiful woman, and I shall reward you with chronos
Not even gonna lie, the hood mentality is kinda bullshit. Now don't get me wrong, there are people who can't afford anything better and end up turning towards crime as a way to support themselves. But there are way more kids in a "Hood" setting that have no reason to be acting that way. They have loving parents that have taught them what to do, and with hard work they can get into college.

Sorry if this sounds stupid, I didn't read the entire thread.
Have a great day, thanks for looking at this post I guess.
cnc is an endangered resource
Originally Posted by HeavyBob View Post
It doesn't have to be so that they can support their family. The vast majority of crime committed in the hood is so they can stay alive. Also, you keep referring to every single person in the hood as a criminal which isn't true. kek

Ah ok, we are talking about the non-criminal gang members and drug dealers then huh.

The kind of gang that play football in the park, and the kind of drug dealers who own a licensed pharmacy.

Ok mate, sorry I misunderstood.

Originally Posted by AzureMage View Post
people have to do what they have to do to survive

Yeah dude, they just /have/ to commit crime at far higher rates than any other group - including compared to other non-hood poverty demographics.

Twice as many whites in poverty than there are blacks, yet blacks are 7x more likely to commit murder, 8x more likely to commit robbery, basically their crime rates are astronomically through the roof, so just saying "they are doing it tough" is insufficient. Why are crime rates in the hood astronomical compared to other poor communities?

It's either genetics or culture, IMO culture but you can decide for yourself...
Last edited by ImmortalPig; Jun 29, 2015 at 03:59 PM.