ES Recruitment Drive
re up!

No one got the answer or a solution?

if needed the code is there : http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=484109

I've uploaded the press a key for next round solution and asking for help for the problem posted above.

I'm afraid there is no solution to this. Looks like a bug. You could report it, maybe it'll even get fixed.
Signature temporarily out of order.
Hi everyone! I've spent the last week or so developing a combination 2D tori-map, mouseless control, move memory, and general assistant script. It's already really useful, and I basically can't even play without it anymore.

However, I'm getting a lot of reports of it not working for people. I checked that it works correctly when the data file is not present, but beyond that, I'm having a heck of a time figuring out why it works great for me but not for them.

In fact, it seems like it may not be working for anyone except me. If anyone has time to check it out and post a stderr.txt if there's info there, I would be extremely grateful. Here's the thread:

http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=492156
Line 5. I changed the name to box, because my name is not dotproduct, and it seems to work. That would explain why it only works for you, I guess.

I didn't look at anything else in the code, so I don't really know why that does anything.

Related: Positions are sort of wonky on my resolution.
[23:23:53] <AndChat|700625> Blue eyes ultimate dragon best card
[23:24:29] <AndChat|700625> You know the one with 3 heads
[23:24:39] <~Lightningkid> just like my dick

[11:35:40] <box> Hampa suck
[11:36:21] <hampa> not the first to tell me that today
Originally Posted by box View Post
Line 5. I changed the name to box, because my name is not dotproduct, and it seems to work. That would explain why it only works for you, I guess.

I didn't look at anything else in the code, so I don't really know why that does anything.

Related: Positions are sort of wonky on my resolution.

Hah, thanks, I literally figured that out less than one minute ago when snake asked a question that prompted me to realize it. But yes, that was exactly the problem!

Also, about the positions: you can drag the little [+] button to reposition it as you like (if you're interested in checking it out any further).

Thanks again!
Two questions..:

How do you make yourself say something? For example, how would you make yourself do /ls Movememory.lua in the chat

(what goes here?) (then some other stuff) "/ls Movememory.lua"

Also, can you make something where it knows if they other person is betted on?
For example:

if --Uke gets betted on then
blah blah blah
end
Tun run commands (things starting with "/") you can use run_cmd like this:

run_cmd("ls Movememory.lua") -- note the missing /
However, you can't send chat messages with lua (probably to avoid spamming). There is /say command but even that doesn't work when executed with lua.

get_bet_info(1).num tells you how many people have bet on Uke. (Keep in mind that you can be Uke and your opponent Tori).

To repeatedly check if someone just bet on Uke you can use the draw2d hook (or any other repeating hook):

local betCount = get_bet_info(1).num

add_hook("draw2d", "bet count", function()
    local bc = get_bet_info(1).num
    if bc > betCount then
        echo("Someone bet on Uke!")
        betCount = bc
    end
end)

add_hook("end_game", "reset", function()
    betCount = 0
end)
How do you get Tori's name? How would I have it so it echoes Tori's name?
-----
Also, it doesn't let me do run_cmd("autobet Tori 50") is that supposed to happen?
Last edited by AbsurdAzn; Mar 7, 2015 at 07:03 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
get_player_info(0).name stores Tori's name.

Is autobet a standart Toribash command? Or does it come from a different script? If it's from a different script, you can't execute it with run_cmd.