Toribash
Original Post
[Game] DragonBall Z: Ultimate Tenkaichi
Recently, I have been playing a new(?) installment of the DragonBall franchise; Ultimate Tenkaichi on Ps3. I remember playing DragonBall Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 1, 2, and 3 on the Ps2 and those were great. And this one in the next-gen console is pretty amazing if I do say so myself. I'd just want to get your opinions on this as I find this game pretty cool. And yes I am a DragonBall fan.

DBZ: UT trailer video
RIP ∑
master of the universe
O, this seems interesting. I've only played a Budukai on PC. But how's the gameplay from your point of view, personally?
. . .
list0 on Discord, reach out for inquiries.
Or send me a private message, I'm responsive.

[7:19 PM] Aliosa: Can't have loopholes if there are no loops.

[9:14 AM] Viddah: Just remember if you step on toes youre gonna have to suck on them to make the pain go away
[9:16 AM] [Faux_fan]ancient: put me in the screenshot
Originally Posted by Cake View Post
O, this seems interesting. I've only played a Budukai on PC. But how's the gameplay from your point of view, personally?

Personally I think it's great. They added a variety of unique things to do, explore, etc compared to the last Budokai Tenkaichi games on the Ps2. Like for instance, you can fight bosses now. Like big ass bossess like Janemba (big yellow fat dude) which is unique, kinda adds a challenge in the game. And it's basically like the previous games but with more combat animations and everything. Can't really explain as of now, I just started lol but it's great so far
RIP ∑
master of the universe
I assume Freiza & Cell are bosses too?
Did they add Bill this time? (The purple cat god from battle of the gods)
. . .

[9:14 AM] Viddah: Just remember if you step on toes youre gonna have to suck on them to make the pain go away
Love the series but i don't have a console
Maybe i can get it on emu or something
Brendan (he who passeth judgement on the frequent changing of signatures): I don't do hentai anymore
you could launch it with psxor
. . .

Originally Posted by Cake View Post
I assume Freiza & Cell are bosses too?
Did they add Bill this time? (The purple cat god from battle of the gods)

I'm only in the Saiyan saga, where I fight Great Ape Vegeta. Frieza saga follows afterwards. And as I recall Lord Bills is included in one of the DBZ games, called DragonBall Z: Battle of Z, and DragonBall Heroes. So he's not included in this installment
RIP ∑
master of the universe
Bills is in the new one, cant remember what its called.
Got Ultimate Tenkaichi, cant stand it, worst DBZ game of the lot.
that "free movement fighting" bs and the big power moves are all real bad, its barely even a fighting game anymore.
The new one follows the same build, so guess what I wont be buying.

I like the make your own character thing, but thats about it.

I ate up all the budokai games, loved them all, even 3.
Im a diehard DBZ fan, but this game hurts my feels.
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
Originally Posted by BenDover View Post
Bills is in the new one, cant remember what its called.
Got Ultimate Tenkaichi, cant stand it, worst DBZ game of the lot.
that "free movement fighting" bs and the big power moves are all real bad, its barely even a fighting game anymore.
The new one follows the same build, so guess what I wont be buying.

I like the make your own character thing, but thats about it.

I ate up all the budokai games, loved them all, even 3.
Im a diehard DBZ fan, but this game hurts my feels.

The Ultimate Tenkaichi is bearable so to speak; I've heard from some reviewers it is quite bad. I am quite fond of the new type of gameplay reasons only god knows what. Although I kind of expected a tad more. Supposedly making them combine the gameplay of the Budokai Tenkaichi games in the PS2 with the graphics and variety of the latest games (DBZ Burst Limit, Raging Blast, Ultimate Tenkaichi)

Personally I liked Budokai Tenkaichi 2 and 3. The create your own character feature is pretty nice, but tendency is you can overpower your character by putting stuff like "x20 Kaioken Kamehameha" in your normal form.

Also, about Bills/Beerus (English)

Originally Posted by DragonBall Wiki
Beerus is a boss and a playable character in Dragon Ball Heroes, Dragon Ball Heroes: Ultimate Mission, Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z, and Dragon Ball: Ultimate Swipe. He is also a playable character in Dragon Ball: Zenkai Battle Royale, being unlocked after collecting all seven Dragon Balls during "Competition for Dragon Balls" battles.

I'm quite the DBZ fan myself actually. Glad to see another fan!
RIP ∑
master of the universe
The last time I played DBZ game, T'was Raging Blast
Killjoys, make some noise!