Toribash
Original Post
Cloning HDD's
I've been browsing the Internet for a while about this now and can't find any solution.

The Sata connector of my old HDD broke and now I had to duct tape the cable into the socket. It works as normal but eventually the duct tape loses its stickyness and falls off like every third day. I want to buy a new SSHD and copy my files 1:1, including Windows 7.
The point is, that I can't find my Windows CD anymore and don't want to buy a new one for 80€+, so that makes me unable to get a new license and I rely on my old data.
Is there any way of "cloning" my whole HDD to a new one and that windows works when I unplug the old HDD?

tl;dr : HDD is close to death. Want to copy it 1:1 to a new one. How should I do this the best way?
Got any problems or questions about computers or any other tech?Feel free to PM me any time. Lmod for Computer/Mobile Chat
Some SSDs come with cloning kits, I know the Crucial M series used to.

If you google "how to clone harddrive" you will get a lot of results.
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2421302,00.asp
http://www.maximumpc.com/how_clone_h...ve_or_ssd_2014

On a sidenote, 840 evos have firmware problems right now, not sure what you are thinking of buying but don't buy an evo.
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff
Maybe you've misunderstood. I don't plan to buy an SSD, i need a new SSHD to save my full storage wich is about 700GB. I knoe these SSD tools but i don't know if they work with regular SSHD's.
Got any problems or questions about computers or any other tech?Feel free to PM me any time. Lmod for Computer/Mobile Chat
Have you tried contacting the company you bought it from?
They could possibly repair it if it's covered by the warranty. There shouldn't be any data loss issues if the problem is only a broken port.
An SSHD is not functionally different to an SSD or HDD, it's just an SSD cache strapped onto a HDD. You can use regular cloning tools.

I should probably have said that I recommend against them, since they give you a very tiny benefit for a sizable markup, compared to going HDD+SSD using either Intel's caching technology or manually installing your OS to the SSD.
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff